The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) applicants thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey, I’ve applied for the equine sports science course (4 years) at ntu and received an offer. I'm really looking forward to it but I’d like to know if that course could lead me to becoming an equine veterinary nurse?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
NTU Podcast: Applying to university

If you're adding the finishing touches to your UCAS application (or are yet to start), our new podcast will help you submit the perfect application before the UCAS deadline on Wednesday 31 January 2024.

Application expert Elliott and final year Psychology with Mental Health student Tilly sat down with Katy to talk all-things UCAS: from signing up, their personal statement icks, to some interesting first-year meal choices.

🎧 Listen: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify
📺 Watch: YouTube and our application page

Visit us before the UCAS deadline

If you haven't already visited Nottingham Trent University (NTU), book your place at our next open day on Saturday 20 January 2024 so that you can see for yourself why studying at NTU is a student experience like no other.

Book your place today

If you have any questions just let us know! 🙂

Sammie - NTU Rep
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by maja n.
Hey, I’ve applied for the equine sports science course (4 years) at ntu and received an offer. I'm really looking forward to it but I’d like to know if that course could lead me to becoming an equine veterinary nurse?

Hi @maja n.,

I've just responded to your previous post which you can see here Equine sports science at ntu - help! - The Student Room 🙂 Hope this helps!

Sammie - NTU Rep
Hi there, I'm hoping to study Social Work BA (Hons) in 2024 at your university. In hoping to do so I have been asked to submit my portfolio for an offer on your course however it is not specified within the email I was sent or on your university website of what is wanted within my portfolio. Hoping for some clarification. Thank you.
Reply 24
Will there be offer holder days In the new year?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi there, I'm hoping to study Social Work BA (Hons) in 2024 at your university. In hoping to do so I have been asked to submit my portfolio for an offer on your course however it is not specified within the email I was sent or on your university website of what is wanted within my portfolio. Hoping for some clarification. Thank you.

Hi! Thanks for getting in touch. I've spoken to the Social Work team and they've said that they do not usually ask for a portfolio for this course. Could you please drop us a direct message and I'll share the contact details of our course leader, who will be able to help and advise further 🙂

Any other questions please just let us know!

Thank you
Sammie - NTU Rep
Original post by LunaB
Will there be offer holder days In the new year?

Hi @LunaB 👋

We've got open days on the following dates where you'll be able to find out more about your course, explore our campuses and see the buildings you'll be learning in:

Saturday 20 January 2024
Saturday 23 March 2024
Saturday 27 April 2024

Find out more and book your place

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi there, I have received an unconditional offer for BA (Hons) Design for Theatre and Live Performance however am not sure how the unconditional works. I am still looking at degrees from schools not on UCAS aswell, but is it still possible to accept the unconditional and then not go? I’m also wondering if I can put it as my second choice as I have other offers which are conditional, or does it have to be first?
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi there, I have received an unconditional offer for BA (Hons) Design for Theatre and Live Performance however am not sure how the unconditional works. I am still looking at degrees from schools not on UCAS aswell, but is it still possible to accept the unconditional and then not go? I’m also wondering if I can put it as my second choice as I have other offers which are conditional, or does it have to be first?

Unless you are lucky enough to have an unconditional for first or second choice, then the unconditional stands if you only choose it as your firm. If you choose it as insurance than your conditional offer (that they should have mentioned what that is) stands.
@Admit-One will probably know the answer on you choosing it as firm and then not going. There will be a procedure in place. Im sure its pulling out and self release through clearing.
Original post by Anonymous

Even if you firm an unconditional offer you’re not committed to going. You can still withdraw/decline later and you’re not liable for fees or anything until you formally enrol, (happens much closer to course start date).

With regards to insuring the offer, you need to check the offer terms clearly. If it doesn’t state “unconditional if firm” or similar then it applies regardless of whether you Firm or Insure. The uni can confirm if you are in any doubt.

(thanks to @Ghostlady for the tag.)
Original post by Admit-One
Even if you firm an unconditional offer you’re not committed to going. You can still withdraw/decline later and you’re not liable for fees or anything until you formally enrol, (happens much closer to course start date).

With regards to insuring the offer, you need to check the offer terms clearly. If it doesn’t state “unconditional if firm” or similar then it applies regardless of whether you Firm or Insure. The uni can confirm if you are in any doubt.

(thanks to @Ghostlady for the tag.)

Thank you! On UCAS it only states “unconditional” so I’ll get in touch to confirm
Hi everyone 👋

There's just 1 week to go until the UCAS application deadline on Wednesday 31 January. If you're still working on your application, we've got just the thing to help you apply before the deadline.👏

Our application guide is here to guide you through the process, from key dates to essential application tips and advice.

If you've received your offer from NTU congratulations! Now it's time to consider your options and decide which offer(s) to accept. You can find out more about accepting offers and why NTU is the right choice for you on our website. You can also visit our offer holder thread to speak to other offer holders 🙌

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best of luck with the UCAS deadline and your offers 🤞
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi everyone 👋

If you're thinking about applying to Nottingham Trent University (NTU) for 2024 entry, then this is the thread for you.

If you've got any questions, or want to meet other NTU applicants, let us know by answering the below:

Which course are you interested in?
Undergraduate/postgraduate study?
Are you coming to an open day?*
Any questions for NTU?

Nothing beats seeing us in person we’re hosting a series of Open Days to allow you to see for yourself what makes life and learning at NTU so special. We're holding open days for undergraduate students interested in applying to join NTU on:

Saturday 2 December 2023

Saturday 20 January 2024

Saturday 23 March 2024

Saturday 27 April 2024

Book your place

Good luck with your application, and thanks for considering NTU!

Jess NTU Rep

what is the deadline for September 2024 intake for masters in marketing and brand management
Original post by Anonymous #5
what is the deadline for September 2024 intake for masters in marketing and brand management

Hi 👋

Majority of our postgraduate taught courses do not have an application deadline. Whilst there is no official deadline, we encourage you to apply as early as possible, as we may close the course if it is full. Applying early will also give you time to arrange your funding and apply for one of our postgraduate scholarships if you're eligible.

For international students, we recommend that they apply at least three months before the course start date to ensure there is enough time for their visa application process to be completed.

Hope that helps 🙂 any other questions please just let us know!

Bets wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 34
All ,

My DS is in two minds, NTU and Business Enterpernship or UoLeciester.

We need to decide our No1 choice so that we have a better opportunity to secure accommodation that is close by .

Why should he study at NTU on this particular course.

Any insight is welcome.

Regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending