The Student Room Group

Law firm

I got ccc at a levels, I didn't do as good as I hoped I would. I want to study law Ilb and try to get into a magic circle firm. Is it worth it to resit a levels? Would magic circle care if I resit a levels?
Reply 1
Hi there,
I'm working as an intern at Allen and Overy (one of the magic circle firms). All I can say is, NO - they don't care about your A Levels. They care about your undergraduate degree and your work experiences. A good degree is very important so make sure you put efforts in that. However, a lot of associates at the firm didn't graduate from top-notch university, they just have a decent amount of work experiences, so don't stress yourself too much.
Good luck!
Allen & Overy's website says "Our academic requirements are AAB (136 UCAS points) or equivalent at A-Level and on track for/achieved a 2:1 in any undergraduate degree. We do take into account mitigating circumstances, including those relating to a disability, which may have affected your grades either at school or university and there is a space on the application form to include these." https://www.aograduate.com/training-contract

Even with 3 A stars at A level it can be hard to get into these bigger firms. They would want exams in each year so redoing A levels might not be particularly helpful as you would have the extra year to explain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending