The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A100 (BM5) 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by choco1234
no, i am talking about southampton

oh it was just because you said about scoring 22/24 for gcses. the contextual cutoff for southampton last year was around 2730, so would it would be a risky choice
Reply 21
Original post by reubenn05
oh it was just because you said about scoring 22/24 for gcses. the contextual cutoff for southampton last year was around 2730, so would it would be a risky choice

this is what i was quetioning. where did you find that the contextual cut off was 2730? i rang the medical school and they said between 2400 and 2600 in last 3 years (2600 being the highest it's ever gone) as the cut off for interview
this is what i was quetioning. where did you find that the contextual cut off was 2730? i rang the medical school and they said between 2400 and 2600 in last 3 years (2600 being the highest it's ever gone) as the cut off for interview

the 2730 is from anecdotal evidence seen on here
Reply 23
Original post by reubenn05
the 2730 is from anecdotal evidence seen on here

why have i got data from southampton/why did the medical school director at southampton say otherwise then? im confused at this all
Reply 24
why have i got data from southampton/why did the medical school director at southampton say otherwise then? im confused at this all

The majority of your other posts are about Dentistry. Bm5 is medicine.
The cut off for medicine at Southampton (contextual) for BM5 (the 5 years course) was the bit that Reubenn was saying was 2700 plus.

Are you enquiring about medicine or dentistry ?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 25

Pretty sure an FOI said contextual cut off in 2021 was 2620, so not sure that fits with what you were told, either
Would Southampton be a good choice for 2900 band 1 ? Non contextual
Original post by Greatdogs2005
Would Southampton be a good choice for 2900 band 1 ? Non contextual

yes, you are 90 points above last year's cutoff
Reply 28
2850 band 1?
Good option for Southhampton?
Reply 29
Original post by GGIN
The cut off for medicine at Southampton (contextual) for BM5 (the 5 years course) was the bit that Reubenn was saying was 2700 plus.

Ignore this brain not in gear sorry ! Southampton don't do dentistry !! 😳
Reply 30
Hi! Do you know what the cut off was for international students?
Original post by GGIN

Reply 31
Original post by Vic.Star
Hi! Do you know what the cut off was for international students?

I don't I am sorry.

Please note all Southampton interviews were in person last year, home and international, no online alternative. Just in case not aware.
Reply 32
not too sure either honestly, but have called up 3 times and every new person tells me the same thing about the cut off for BM5 medicine for contextual applicants being 2600 for 2023 entry and 2400 ish the years before
Is there much difference in the contextual applicant criteria for 2024 entry compared to 2023?
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi all
With the final deciles today would you expect 2810 cut off from 2023 to go up much? I know its difficult as depends on cohort applying in any year. Concerned as last year cut-off went up 60 points to 2810 from 2750 but top of 9th only went up slightly! Squeaky bum time now before pressing submit on the ucas application
I was in receipt of the Ucat bursary , does this mean I'm a contextual applicant . do you need to notify them before applying ?
Original post by Mushimedic
I was in receipt of the Ucat bursary , does this mean I'm a contextual applicant . do you need to notify them before applying ?

Generally you’ll have to meet two of their contextual criteria for medicine, but UCAT bursary is one

https://www.southampton.ac.uk/studentadmin/admissions/admissions-policies/contextual-admissions.page
Reply 37
been to the open day and cut off for bm5 course for contextual was definitely 2610 for 2023 entry :smile:
123 contextual applicants applied and 90 had been interviewed (2023 entry)
Reply 38
been to the open day and cut off for bm5 course for contextual was definitely 2610 for 2023 entry :smile:
123 contextual applicants applied and 90 had been interviewed (2023 entry)

Aw amazing thanks for sharing, so would everyone contextual with 2610 or above have been invited then?
Reply 39
Do we think this would be a safe option for me as a contextual applicant? Achieved A-Levels A*AC(resitting and predicted A*AA) and a UCAT of 2720 B1. GCSE’s A*AAAAABBB (letters as from NI)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending