The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A100 (BM5) 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by circusqueen
That's fantastic. Well done !
Bear in mind of your firm UEA you don't have any insurance options as its unconditional, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you are looking to reject the unconditional and choose Soton instead ?

aw thank u sm! I’m gonna firm Newcastle but i’m thinking of insuring soton rather than uea x
Original post by BellaGoose
My son received rejection on UCAS track late last week but today has received a waiting list email from Southampton. Is this usual?

It's not "usual", but it's not unusual.
There is no such thing as waitlistwd on UCAS so they do it this way. It is still a rejection for now though... with a vague whiff of something possible on the future.

Normally you can't stay on it if you have an offer for med elsewhere.
Original post by circusqueen
It's not "usual", but it's not unusual.
There is no such thing as waitlistwd on UCAS so they do it this way. It is still a rejection for now though... with a vague whiff of something possible on the future.
Normally you can't stay on it if you have an offer for med elsewhere.

Yes appreciate it doesn't really mean much due to having a conditional offer. However given this is second time around (two outright rejections last year) it's an indication that he performed much better in the interviews this year.
Original post by Dhshrjcos
Can I get the link to the offer holder gc pls?

lmk if u find pls
I just did some research and apparently "none" in 2022 (based on a post in 2023) but were a couple in last year's thread that received offers in June from the waitlist. So it looks like there is still some hope for those with no offers who are on put on the waitlist.

Will anyone who got reject be put on waiting list? I (international) got rejected by all 4 med schools but Southampton put me on overseas waiting list. Do you think I will have a higher chance of being accepted in June? I think I did “okay” in the interview tho.
Yes appreciate it doesn't really mean much due to having a conditional offer. However given this is second time around (two outright rejections last year) it's an indication that he performed much better in the interviews this year.

Oh yes, absolutely!
Original post by Bilalsadaq
Anyone who interviewed on the 7th heard back yet (especially the graduates)? The wait is really grinding me down haha

Just got mine today at 9:50!
Received an offer, I m an international student
My son was rejected last Thursday but received an e-mail that he is being put on a wait list. He has offers from Birmingham and York so it won't affect anything. It's a shame as Leicester and Southampton were his preferred two and he just received a rejection from Leicester this morning. He thought all the interviews went equally well so it just shows you how close it is to get two offers and two rejections.
Original post by Maple4
My son was rejected last Thursday but received an e-mail that he is being put on a wait list. He has offers from Birmingham and York so it won't affect anything. It's a shame as Leicester and Southampton were his preferred two and he just received a rejection from Leicester this morning. He thought all the interviews went equally well so it just shows you how close it is to get two offers and two rejections.

Yes - we should be proud of our boys for getting this far. Congratulations on the other offers.
just a reminder for those who arent firming southampton to withdraw or decline their place so people in the waitlist can have a chance
Original post by Amelia5002
just a reminder for those who arent firming southampton to withdraw or decline their place so people in the waitlist can have a chance

If they decided to have Southampton as insurance, will ppl from waitlist have a chance to get an offer?
Do anyone know if I can apply for clearing for other unis when I’m still in the waiting list waiting for an offer? Cuz they said my status in ucas will still be stated as unsuccessful so I assume I don’t have to decline anything from ucas to apply for clearing. I’m not sure.
Original post by usernamecsk
Do anyone know if I can apply for clearing for other unis when I’m still in the waiting list waiting for an offer? Cuz they said my status in ucas will still be stated as unsuccessful so I assume I don’t have to decline anything from ucas to apply for clearing. I’m not sure.

Yes I believe you can as waiting list is treated as unsuccessful on UCAS. Also for now look up UCAS extra - i heard Brunel are still interviewing.
Yes I believe you can as waiting list is treated as unsuccessful on UCAS. Also for now look up UCAS extra - i heard Brunel are still interviewing.

Thankyou!
just flagging up BBC2 now Surgeons at the Edge of Life is from Soton Uni Hospital
phenomenal
Original post by Bilalsadaq
If anyone has the offer holder gc can they pm me it pls!

Same plz
Guys do we have to have a blood test before starting uni?!
Original post by Hannahspanner0
Guys do we have to have a blood test before starting uni?!

The health questionnaire in the offer email has lots of detail on this. You’ll need one prior if you’re unsure if you’ve had chicken pox. They’ll do one in occupational health once you’ve started to check your Hep B status after vaccination.
about accommodation, Any advice between Glen Eyre and Wessex Lane. can we wait ?

Do offer day include seeing the accommodations ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending