The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance?

Hello I am a year 12 student
Hoping to go maybe Cardiff, Sheffield or nottingham.
Studying: maths A biology A star chemistry A star
GCSEs 99(biology Chemistry). 888888( pe. Geography, English lit, maths,Spanish,physics) 6 (English language)
UCAT. 2620 VR 590,DM 710,QR 710, AR 610
Band 1 SJT
I did my UCAT today and I’m not happy with my result was hoping for 2800 do I need to do BMAT and choose some different unis? Thank you for your help
Original post by Rosiezzzz
Hello I am a year 12 student
Hoping to go maybe Cardiff, Sheffield or nottingham.
Studying: maths A biology A star chemistry A star
GCSEs 99(biology Chemistry). 888888( pe. Geography, English lit, maths,Spanish,physics) 6 (English language)
UCAT. 2620 VR 590,DM 710,QR 710, AR 610
Band 1 SJT
I did my UCAT today and I’m not happy with my result was hoping for 2800 do I need to do BMAT and choose some different unis? Thank you for your help

i think you are below nottingham's cutoff for last year unfortunately, but look at lincoln instead. you are also under last year's sheffield cutoff by more than 200. maybe consider aston. are you eligible for any contextual points? doing the bmat would open up some more options yes. cardiff is risky for non-welsh/contextual applicants.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
I am eligible for contextual data because I have done Sutton trust online. How did you find the cut off scores I can’t seem to find them. I added up my score for Nottingham and got 129 not sure how competitive that is though
Reply 3
Thank you so much for your help
I am eligible for contextual data because I have done Sutton trust online. How did you find the cut off scores I can’t seem to find them. I added up my score for Nottingham and got 129 not sure how competitive that is though

cutoff last year for nottingham was around 131, so would be risky. for lincoln that is competitive though, as cutoff last year was 123. you can find the cutoffs on last year's tsr threads. what criteria did you need to fulfil to be eligible for the sutton trust program?
Reply 5
Original post by reubenn05
cutoff last year for nottingham was around 131, so would be risky. for lincoln that is competitive though, as cutoff last year was 123. you can find the cutoffs on last year's tsr threads. what criteria did you need to fulfil to be eligible for the sutton trust program?

Ok thabk you. neither of my parents have been to uni and my school and college arent very good i think.
Ok thabk you. neither of my parents have been to uni and my school and college arent very good i think.

check your postcode here: https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/data-and-analysis/young-participation-by-area/search-by-postcode/ if it's quintile 1 or 2 you can get extra contextual points at hull york and also be eligible for contextual offers at some unis. look at kent medway, it contextualises your gsces against your school's performance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending