The Student Room Group

Official: University of Cardiff A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by gaycinnamonbean
has anyone else had an INSANELY early offer from cardiff? i sent my ucas form in last week for history and politics and got an offer for BBB less than 24 hours later- ik my course isn’t very competitive but it’s still weird… not complaining though!

You are on the medicine thread here, so they all have many months of stress ahead of them before offers! But well done on yours :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
You are on the medicine thread here, so they all have many months of stress ahead of them before offers! But well done on yours :smile:

damnnn i’m sorry i didn’t look at the course code!! 🤦*♀️ best of luck to you all, i can’t imagine how stressful applying for medicine must be!!
Reply 42
Hi,

I am an A-Level student considering to apply for A100 in Cardiff university.

My UCAT score is 2850. My predicted score is AAA. And the GCSE Score point based on Cardiff scoring process is 16/27

Can help to advice if I will be considered for the interview.

Regards
Prasad
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by prasadns
Hi,

I am an A-Level student considering to apply for A100 in Cardiff university.

My UCAT score is 2850. My predicted score is AAA. And the GCSE Score point based on Cardiff scoring process is 16/27

Can help to advice if I will be considered for the interview.

Regards
Prasad

it wouldn't be advisable to apply to cardiff unfortunately, as most applicants will have 27/27
Reply 44
Original post by reubenn05
it wouldn't be advisable to apply to cardiff unfortunately, as most applicants will have 27/27

thanks @reubenn05 for the advice.

Below is my score break down

My UCAT score is 2850 => VR (670), DM (680), QR (770), AR (730), SJT => Band 2
My predicted score is AAA.
And for 9 GCSE Equivalent - I have 7 - A's and 2 - B's

May I seek your advice on the safer choice university for my score. Appreciate your help.
thanks @reubenn05 for the advice.

Below is my score break down

My UCAT score is 2850 => VR (670), DM (680), QR (770), AR (730), SJT => Band 2
My predicted score is AAA.
And for 9 GCSE Equivalent - I have 7 - A's and 2 - B's

May I seek your advice on the safer choice university for my score. Appreciate your help.

are you international?
Reply 46
are you international?

Yes I m an international student
Yes I m an international student

post your stats in the international a100 2024 thread
Reply 48
Original post by wanicetea1
I applied A100 cardiff on 30 September. Now I don't receive email from cardiff to notice me that they receive my application. Does anyone received e mail from Cardiff Uni?

They never acknowledged my medicine application either, but they gave me an offer for biomed which I also applied to with no prior acknowledgment that I applied to that course, so they must have received it.
Hi, I have submitted my medical application to Cardiff university. I'm doing some reading on their Interviews and it mentions that there is a written station as one of the station in the interview. I've been trying to find out what this written station involves (for example is it ethics, numeracy skills, ect.) but there is zero information. I would grateful if someone, whether part of the admisions team or someone who has recently gone through the cardiff medical school interview process, could tell me what this involves so that I know how to prepare for it.
1200px-Cardiff-university-vector-logo.svg.png

Welcome to the University of Cardiff A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/unde...medicine-mbbch

For entry requirements click on the link above

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

I am a year 13 student in england and i have sent my application off to cardiff medical school. In the interview can they and will they ask any question on the welsh NHS?? If yes how different is it to the English one?
Reply 51
Original post by lisathelolipop
Hi, I have submitted my medical application to Cardiff university. I'm doing some reading on their Interviews and it mentions that there is a written station as one of the station in the interview. I've been trying to find out what this written station involves (for example is it ethics, numeracy skills, ect.) but there is zero information. I would grateful if someone, whether part of the admisions team or someone who has recently gone through the cardiff medical school interview process, could tell me what this involves so that I know how to prepare for it.

Nobody who has been through the interview is allowed to discuss questions/stations as it is against TSR and the med school's rules. If there is no information, it suggests Cardiff do not want you to know?
Original post by GANFYD
Nobody who has been through the interview is allowed to discuss questions/stations as it is against TSR and the med school's rules. If there is no information, it suggests Cardiff do not want you to know?

They must be able to say what the general topic is. Writing station is way too broad cause tahts all I could find. Like the other station is a verbal station and they say it can include thics, discussion your work experience ect. but written has nothing on it?? Like is it Maths skills, an essay, reflections on your work experience.
Reply 53
Does anyone know Cardiff’s intake statistics for applicants from England? Also, does anyone know how they score people for interview, is it based solely on GCSEs and UCAT if you’re a graduate?
Reply 54
They must be able to say what the general topic is. Writing station is way too broad cause tahts all I could find. Like the other station is a verbal station and they say it can include thics, discussion your work experience ect. but written has nothing on it?? Like is it Maths skills, an essay, reflections on your work experience.

No. They cannot tell you what the topic of an interview station is - that is giving an unfair advantage to certain applicants. I have known people thrown off their medicine course for disclosing the content of interviews. If there is no information given by Cardiff, as I say, it suggests they do not want you to have any!
Original post by GANFYD
No. They cannot tell you what the topic of an interview station is - that is giving an unfair advantage to certain applicants. I have known people thrown off their medicine course for disclosing the content of interviews. If there is no information given by Cardiff, as I say, it suggests they do not want you to have any!

They are not having the writing station this year they sent an update
Reply 56
They are not having the writing station this year they sent an update

So they have shared the information they want you to have :smile:

Hi, they sent an email saying that the written station will not be in this year!
post your stats in the international a100 2024 thread

Will I get an an interview from cardiff, I score 25/27 but I live in Wales so will I get awarded an extra point??
Original post by Pringles2006
Will I get an an interview from cardiff, I score 25/27 but I live in Wales so will I get awarded an extra point??

i don't know, as the 'additional consideration' to welsh applicants is not explained by cardiff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending