The Student Room Group

Official: University of Cardiff A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by reubenn05
i don't know, as the 'additional consideration' to welsh applicants is not explained by cardiff

do you think I took a risk applying then?
Reply 61
Original post by Pringles2006
do you think I took a risk applying then?

Yes.

Everybody takes a risk applying to any med school.

Cardiff has wanted essentially full academics from applicants for a while now. So yes, knowingly applying with less is a risk.

Many would argue that being Welsh makes any application to Cardiff less risky than applying from England.

It is what it is. You certainly can't change it now, so it's a matter of wait and see.

Pob Lwc.
Original post by Rhiannon29
Hiya, I've heard a few people say that applying to Cardiff as an English student is hopeless as Welsh students are favoured. Is this an actual part of their admissions policy or a thought people have because of the large amount of Welsh students there (which is natural from the amount of Welsh students that apply)?

No I don’t think you are totally hopeless dont worry. I think one of the advantages is that I think you are granted a few extra points if you are welsh in the pre interview selection score but I am not sure if that is entirely true. Regardless I don’t think the extra points make a significant difference.

I’ve got an offer for cardiff which I deferred, there were plenty of English offer holders during the 2023 application cycle.
(edited 5 months ago)
Does anyone have interview invite from Cardiff uni?
Original post by wanicetea1

Haven`t heard anything yet
Reply 65
Original post by wanicetea1

We wont hear anything until at least december
Hi, my GCSEs would = 26 points, one below the maximum. With inflated grades from previous years due to covid, does anyone recon the 27point cutoff may come back down as before covid it was around 24-26. I understand many applicants with 27points were rejected, however this is understandable as the past couple years have all been predicted GCSEs so much higher. What do you guys think??
Reply 67
Original post by ellabellaboo123
Hi, my GCSEs would = 26 points, one below the maximum. With inflated grades from previous years due to covid, does anyone recon the 27point cutoff may come back down as before covid it was around 24-26. I understand many applicants with 27points were rejected, however this is understandable as the past couple years have all been predicted GCSEs so much higher. What do you guys think??

Been 27 needed for many years, barring the year they scored 8s and 9s differently, long before CAGs and TAGs
Reply 68
Hi
Anyone received interview invite yet from Cardiff?
Reply 69
Do they send their interview invites via email or web portal ?
Reply 70
If anyones wondering when to expect interviews, I applied to cardiff last year and got an interview invite for med on December 12 via email.
They also give you the option to book a date for the interview.
Just got an interview invite from Cardiff 😀
Reply 72
Original post by maverick009
Just got an interview invite from Cardiff 😀

congratulations!! You know the next question😀…… are you in Wales or RUK?
Reply 73
just got an interview!!
Reply 74
Original post by beth1811
just got an interview!!

Congrats!! Are you full points and are you in Wales? When is the interview? X
Original post by beth1811
just got an interview!!

What is your stat?
Home or international?
Full point gcse?
Original post by Izyyter1
congratulations!! You know the next question😀…… are you in Wales or RUK?

Yh I’m from wales 😭
Reply 77
Original post by Izyyter1
Congrats!! Are you full points and are you in Wales? When is the interview? X

yes full points with 8A* and 4As at GCSE, welsh applicant. i haven’t booked my interview yet because i’m in college but i have until 22nd december to book a date in january or february
Nice to hear Cardiff is starting to move. Good luck all.
Reply 79
Hi

Congratulations to those who have interviews.

Do Cardiff normally issue invitations in one batch?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending