The Student Room Group

Official: University of Cardiff A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ARJ133
I got this. Does that mean we’re still on reserve list?

you need to sign up to be on the reserve list if u don’t have a medicine offer already. if u wanna be on the reserve list and you have a medicine offer you need to reject the medicine offer you currently have - it’s like being on clearing only thing is you’re still in competition with everyone else on that list
Original post by purpleflamingo77
well doen!!!!

thank you!! Now I need to make the difficult decision of choosing between Exeter and cardiff
is there an offer holder gc??
Original post by juliakenar
wait i got a reserve list email earlier and just now got a rejection email so i bave an option to study medicinal chemistry
did anyone else get this ?

Me too in the same order
Original post by redtarget
Me too in the same order

Same here!
Does anyone know how they've had to use the reserve list in recent years?
If I don' get any offer for medicine and I put on reserve list at Cardiff, I will accept Medicinal chemistry . Do I understand correctly? I got 3 rejection for medicine. Cardiff is my last hope. I'm international.
" Info for anyone on the reserve list (as I was on it last year): Cardiff only keeps those on the reserve list who haven't firmed any other offers (they'l know as info shared by UCAS after the deadline). If you are on the reserve list you'll automatically drop off if you firm anywhere else. This means the reserve list for Cardiff is quite a good option as it immediately slims down to only those students with no other offers. On results day Cardiff will contact those on the reserve list - they work on ranking from the interview (you should have a score from feedback from uni). If you check last year's thread they went down quite a bit and, as the offers and reserve list stay roughtly the same year to year, you should be in with a fair chance if you're on it. I'm not sure if they also take into account A-level results -i.e. if they have access to them from UCAS - but this might help also if you're on the reserve list and have good results. Although I was on the reserve list last year I'd firmed elsewhere so automatically dropped off. When I checked back after results day they'd made offers to applicants with scores quite a bit below mine and I don't think they take from anywhere else so if you're on the reserve list it's a decent option. Can't say 100% you'll be picked
up but there won't be any other competition to worry about. Good luck!"

^^All of that is copied from someone's reply on last year's thread for those who want to know a bit more about the reserve list. Good luck to you guys :smile:
Original post by Hannbann
" Info for anyone on the reserve list (as I was on it last year): Cardiff only keeps those on the reserve list who haven't firmed any other offers (they'l know as info shared by UCAS after the deadline). If you are on the reserve list you'll automatically drop off if you firm anywhere else. This means the reserve list for Cardiff is quite a good option as it immediately slims down to only those students with no other offers. On results day Cardiff will contact those on the reserve list - they work on ranking from the interview (you should have a score from feedback from uni). If you check last year's thread they went down quite a bit and, as the offers and reserve list stay roughtly the same year to year, you should be in with a fair chance if you're on it. I'm not sure if they also take into account A-level results -i.e. if they have access to them from UCAS - but this might help also if you're on the reserve list and have good results. Although I was on the reserve list last year I'd firmed elsewhere so automatically dropped off. When I checked back after results day they'd made offers to applicants with scores quite a bit below mine and I don't think they take from anywhere else so if you're on the reserve list it's a decent option. Can't say 100% you'll be picked
^^All of that is copied from someone's reply on last year's thread for those who want to know a bit more about the reserve list. Good luck to you guys :smile:

That means I can't firm any courses (biomed sci at another uni). Do I understand correctly?
But I received mail from cardiff that I will be on reserve list although I hold offer another courses that isn't medicine.
Original post by wanicetea1
That means I can't firm any courses (biomed sci at another uni). Do I understand correctly?
But I received mail from cardiff that I will be on reserve list although I hold offer another courses that isn't medicine.

I believe so. I would definitely say call them up/email admissions just to be sure though. Wishing you all the best x
Reply 790
Anyone know when we'll get our feedback?
Original post by slump
Anyone know when we'll get our feedback?

not sure
i want it too thooooough
Original post by Hannbann

But how are you supposed to firm another offer while the Cardiff application hasn’t been rejected on UCAS?
Reply 793
Original post by rd1826461
But how are you supposed to firm another offer while the Cardiff application hasn’t been rejected on UCAS?

i think we'll get an a rejection automatically after i think 14 days since we got the alternative offer if we dont accept it
Original post by Ra_Ar
i think we'll get an a rejection automatically after i think 14 days since we got the alternative offer if we dont accept it

Ah right thanks
How 's about waiting list? If I would like to wait , what should I do? I should accept Medicinal chemistry ?

you’re allowed to hold offers for any other courses that aren’t medicine. if ur an offer holder for medicine you’re immediately dropped from the list
Original post by Brad765
you’re allowed to hold offers for any other courses that aren’t medicine. if ur an offer holder for medicine you’re immediately dropped from the list

For waitlist, after 16 May I will chose Cardiff medicine for firm choice and Biomed for insurance choice. Is that right? Or what should I do? If I’m waitlist , medicine icon will change.
For waitlist, after 16 May I will chose Cardiff medicine for firm choice and Biomed for insurance choice. Is that right? Or what should I do? If I’m waitlist , medicine icon will change.

remember with anything you need to double check you do it at source
with the actual admissions, not here

no one here can be held responsible if the above is wrong!
I got offered the Med Chem instead but I wanted to know if replying to their email means that I drop the med offer that I have from another uni and accepting this? Or does it just mean that they will offer me med chem on UCAS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending