The Student Room Group

Official: University of Cardiff A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redtarget
Me too in the same order

Same! Did everyone with a rejection get offered med chem?

what they said when i emailed about feedback
Reply 802
I received an email about an invite to offer holder events but no update on UCAS or confirmation email. Has anyone that got the invite first, had update on UCAS yet?
Original post by cyclobenzene
Same! Did everyone with a rejection get offered med chem?

think there will have been a variety including medical physics ( or similar) pharmacology and others
Anyone going offer holder day on the 11th?
Original post by rosiematthews

Yessir I am
Original post by rosiematthews

meeeee
has anyone else got a link to the offer holder days but still no update from ucas?
Reply 808
Probably a really stupid question but I have no clue - anyone know whether you're meant to bring a parent with you to the offer holder days??
Original post by ps347
Probably a really stupid question but I have no clue - anyone know whether you're meant to bring a parent with you to the offer holder days??

we had a presentation to start, then parents stayed in the lecture hall for a q and a while offer-holders were taken to see the clinical skills labs and do a cbl session. so it's up to you whether you bring someone or not. i will say that there were more people there with parents than without
Reply 810
Original post by Jumpingcat2109
we had a presentation to start, then parents stayed in the lecture hall for a q and a while offer-holders were taken to see the clinical skills labs and do a cbl session. so it's up to you whether you bring someone or not. i will say that there were more people there with parents than without

Thank you so much - that's really helpful to know!
Does anyone know roughly how long the Offer Holder event is?
Original post by awkwardalex
Does anyone know roughly how long the Offer Holder event is?

9-12:30 I believe :smile:
Original post by 2223333444555
9-12:30 I believe :smile:

Thank you 🙂
has anyone got an email from cardiff acknowledging that you’ve firmed their offer? i firmed mine a week ago and they haven’t said anything
Original post by beth1811
has anyone got an email from cardiff acknowledging that you’ve firmed their offer? i firmed mine a week ago and they haven’t said anything

I firmed a week ago and I've had nothing only realised after reading Cardiff website that like 48 hours after you've firmed you can apply for accom so hopefully wasn't too late
Is there anybody planning on staying at home for uni rather than accommodation because I am not sure what to do?
What's the best accomodation for 1st year med students?
Original post by Shinji05
I firmed a week ago and I've had nothing only realised after reading Cardiff website that like 48 hours after you've firmed you can apply for accom so hopefully wasn't too late

Hi,

Just for a bit of reassurance, it's definitely not too late 🙂 Firm students are guaranteed accommodation as long as you've applied before the 29th of July!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Original post by jerzonjik
What's the best accomodation for 1st year med students?

I don't think there's the best accomodation for med students since I've noticed that no one really pulls towards a certain place haha, it just depends on personal preference. I would say that Talybont is pretty popular as it is one of the only university-owned accomodation that offers en-suite for students, and is closer to the Student Union and sports facilities. Clodien House is good as well as its ensuite, and very close to the hospital campus (Heath Campus) but is further away from the Student Union. Cartwright Court is nice if you want somewhere quiet, near lots of shops. The location is equally close to Heath Campus and the main campus but it is shared bathrooms.

Hope that has helped :smile:

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending