The Student Room Group

Can you do a philosophy text for your A level English NEA?

I'm planning on doing the metamorphosis by Kafka and the concept of anxiety by Kierkegaard.
I want to do philosophy since I want to take it at uni so it would be something I can put on my personal statement as well as talk about in any interviews. Do you think this is a good idea? Are you even allowed to do such texts
It depends on your exam board - a lot will theoretically allow any text to be submitted for approval, but you'd also want to check the support your school/college/etc will offer. I'll admit it seems unusual, but not impossible to pull off. Bear in mind you'd not only have to consider thematic application, but also the impact of individual bits - in comparison to Kafka! In short I'd check to see what your school says, but never say never.
Reply 2
Original post by Castrovalva
It depends on your exam board - a lot will theoretically allow any text to be submitted for approval, but you'd also want to check the support your school/college/etc will offer. I'll admit it seems unusual, but not impossible to pull off. Bear in mind you'd not only have to consider thematic application, but also the impact of individual bits - in comparison to Kafka! In short I'd check to see what your school says, but never say never.
forgot to respond sorry. My school wouldn't allow it as there won't be any/enough language techniques.
I ended up doing notes from underground compared with invisible man and Dostoevsky is very philosophical but still a novel so

Quick Reply

Latest