The Student Room Group

Uni lied to me about changing course

Just finished first year, going into second year. I started to dislike my course in the first few weeks so I told them I wanted to change to another specific course. Multiple staff, from both departments, said I just need to finish the first year and I can transfer, both in person and via email, also saying if there is space I would be able to transfer. Now I have finished the first year and now other staff are now the only people responding to me, and they are completely refusing to let me transfer. I have told them everything but they are refusing to acknowledge this. What do I do? I just want to internally transfer and start from first year again, and I meet all the requirements.
Have they said whether there’s space?
Did you get anything in writing?
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Have they said whether there’s space?

The course I want to transfer to is less popular. I know for a fact that students have dropped out throughout the year and there was space on the course, and the course was in clearing. They (the department) are still refusing me. Basically all I would need to do now is update my records to have the course changed.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Did you get anything in writing?

Yes and in person with witness statements.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Yes and in person with witness statements.

Do you have the minimum A level requirements for the course and did they stipulate a certain percentage in your end of first year exams on your present course to be able to transfe?.
They did however say your transfer was conditional on there being a space available. You believe there to be but you don’t have all the information.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Euapp
Do you have the minimum A level requirements for the course and did they stipulate a certain percentage in your end of first year exams on your present course to be able to transfe?.
They did however say your transfer was conditional on there being a space available. You believe there to be but you don’t have all the information.

Yes, I meet all the requirements. There was no requirement for university grades but I've passed everything.
I know for a fact that there are spaces.
Have you spoken to the student records/registry team?
Reply 8
Original post by PQ

Yes I've emailed them 2 days ago but no response yet unfortunately. I am sure they could help me. Do you know how to find their details? Maybe I've messaged the wrong email. I'd like to also message the registry people directly as well as the student records department. Would really appreciate your help.
Reply 9
Original post by PQ

I want to email them again, what exactly do you think I should say?
Reply 10
Original post by PQ

Were there any conditions for transferring that you didn't meet? E.g. average result for your first year in the other course, taking specific modules, or meeting certain A-level requirements for the new course?
Reply 12
Original post by artful_lounger
Were there any conditions for transferring that you didn't meet? E.g. average result for your first year in the other course, taking specific modules, or meeting certain A-level requirements for the new course?

None at all.
Original post by Anonymous

without knowing your university regulations and the exact nature of the evidence you've got I don't know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending