The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Struggling with picking courses

This might seem like a bit of a silly question, but did anyone else find choosing your optional courses with the DRPS confusing? I’m just choosing mine now and it feels like the website is speaking in riddles.

So it says to choose exactly 60 credits in Group B, and there’s a section for courses relevant to the degree and then another for outside courses. For these outside courses it says to pick between 0-40 credits which I’m assuming means it’s not compulsory, and that you have to take at least one of the relevant course options.

My problem lies in actually confirming my choices; when I put my options in the order of preference, will the team allocating my courses know how many credits I’m allowed? Will they take this into account? I’m worried they’ll allocate me too many courses because there’s a disclaimer saying I need to confirm I’m aware it’s my own fault if I choose an “inappropriate” number of credits but at the same time they encourage you to choose more than the limit just to ensure you aren’t left without a course in case your first choices are full. I know you can change your timetable if there are issues with it within the first week or so, I just don’t want to come to uni with problems to start the year off. Is it the end of the world if I make a silly mistake and end up taking longer getting my courses allocated?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending