The Student Room Group

pharmacy application HELP:/

i just want opinions and advice tbh, I was going to send my ucas in dec but my sixth form isn't the best and they're too slow, I also have an issue my predicted is A, B in bio and C in chem but the offer is BBB/ABB, bc of my situation in yr12 they're considering D as well:/ so excuinating circumstances. i still want to apply to MPharm and have one foundation year just in case I don't get it. BUTT on results day what if I couldn't get into Mpharm and decided foundation year can I just call any uni to which I didn't previously make an offer to and hopefully get a place?
Original post by sima:)
i just want opinions and advice tbh, I was going to send my ucas in dec but my sixth form isn't the best and they're too slow, I also have an issue my predicted is A, B in bio and C in chem but the offer is BBB/ABB, bc of my situation in yr12 they're considering D as well:/ so excuinating circumstances. i still want to apply to MPharm and have one foundation year just in case I don't get it. BUTT on results day what if I couldn't get into Mpharm and decided foundation year can I just call any uni to which I didn't previously make an offer to and hopefully get a place?

Yes. On results day you can call up any uni which has courses in Clearing - even if you haven't applied to them previously - and attempt to secure a place that way.

If you applied to a uni previously and they declined not to make you an offer, and that same course is in Clearing, you still apply. However, if the reason that opted not to make you an offer was down to GCSE grades, personal statement, reference etc. - which won't have changed - then they still might not make you an offer, even via Clearing.
Reply 2
thank you so much, what do you think of the rest of my situation, like is it really as bad as I think it is If i send it like this week
thank you so much, what do you think of the rest of my situation, like is it really as bad as I think it is If i send it like this week

when u send the application doesn't matter at all. my college was also slow as hell but i got all my interviews and offers pretty quickly. ngl applying for the mpharm with a C as the chem predicted grade isn't the best as they expect A's but some unis also consider B's. like you said a foundation year is also an option but yea just make a wise decision.
Reply 4
i have no idea what to do atp:// ill still have a go
i have no idea what to do atp:// ill still have a go

yea nothing wrong with having a go. can you not convince your teachers to up your predicted grade to at least a b? if not then ofc you have a chance for the foundation year, but maybe the chance isn't as high for the non foundation year just because its so competitive. maybe try choosing unis with lower grade boundaries e.g ljmu. ljmu wanted 120 ucas points and a c in chem which is really low for the mpharm!!!!
Reply 6
nope not a B unfortunately, realistically i think i can get B/C but bc of my situation in year 12 I mainly got C/D's(which explain my predicted kind of) but still at times when my situation was better (e.g like when my wifi was back) I got B's in my mini quizzes, i also want to have a shot at least but my chem teachers have already lied to my face about my 'p grade being a C' so i don't expect much from them. plus i always have that foundation year as a backup.
Thankyou sm for the uni recommendation but my school took us on an open day to there, it was terrible tbh://
something else I'm kind of confused about is, bc I've only just started looking at foundation years so I'm a bit lost, idk what the best route is bc their is combines courses of mpharm and foundation year (as 0 year i think?) but im not sure how i can just take the one year separately as a course. and move on to mpharm
nope not a B unfortunately, realistically i think i can get B/C but bc of my situation in year 12 I mainly got C/D's(which explain my predicted kind of) but still at times when my situation was better (e.g like when my wifi was back) I got B's in my mini quizzes, i also want to have a shot at least but my chem teachers have already lied to my face about my 'p grade being a C' so i don't expect much from them. plus i always have that foundation year as a backup.
Thankyou sm for the uni recommendation but my school took us on an open day to there, it was terrible tbh://
something else I'm kind of confused about is, bc I've only just started looking at foundation years so I'm a bit lost, idk what the best route is bc their is combines courses of mpharm and foundation year (as 0 year i think?) but im not sure how i can just take the one year separately as a course. and move on to mpharm

Realistically, I think applying for a foundation year would be your best bet, and if you were to mention your circumstances in your statement that would give them some perspective on you aswell.

Manchester offers a foundation year that you could look into.

oh no!! don't pick the uni if its terrible, ive never been there so i don't know. foundation years are separate, then you have to pass that foundation year by doing an end of year exam and thennn move onto the actual mpharm. yea and like the other person said, check manchester, that's where i go and a lot of people completed the foundation year that are doing the course with me now
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by dadadeedadada
oh no!! don't pick the uni if its terrible, ive never been there so i don't know. foundation years are separate, then you have to pass that foundation year by doing an end of year exam and thennn move onto the actual mpharm. yea and like the other person said, check manchester, that's where i go and a lot of people completed the foundation year that are doing the course with me now

I've just got an offer from Manchester, would you mind telling me what its like ?
Original post by nutritious-react
I've just got an offer from Manchester, would you mind telling me what its like ?

boring, lack of communication between lecturers and students, you're in every single day, weird timetable, but good teaching. hope that helps lmao.
boring, lack of communication between lecturers and students, you're in every single day, weird timetable, but good teaching. hope that helps lmao.

Really that bad ?
Really that bad ?

i don't wanna put you off. i am only in first year so it might get better, but atm not really enjoying it.
i don't wanna put you off. i am only in first year so it might get better, but atm not really enjoying it.

I'm probably going to end up going there anyway, I'll pray its bearable. Thanks.
I'm probably going to end up going there anyway, I'll pray its bearable. Thanks.

lmao its probs a better experience living in accom. i do live at home which is probs what's making it a bit boring.
lmao its probs a better experience living in accom. i do live at home which is probs what's making it a bit boring.

Im planning on staying at home aswell, i can firm the boring ig
Im planning on staying at home aswell, i can firm the boring ig

oh right. well good luck to ya. they do set up like group chats for commuters but ngl nobody talks on them so it is a lot harder to make friends but if u just speak to loads of people on the first day im sure you'll be fine!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending