The Student Room Group

The Planet;s nations should unite under one government

Who thinks it would be a good idea if all the countries on the planet united under an earth sphere alliance. First the developed countries and then slowly it would absorb the others.

I think it would help society develop and human living standards improve. When all the countries have slowly become economically developed people can journey where ever they want, of course they would still belong to their own country so would always have the right to go back in an emergency.

If there was any resistance the united earth sphere alliance army could focus on a particular area to destroy opposition. Nuclear weapons would be de commisioned and slowy the military could be dissolved.

The government would be a federal government with each country having members seated in the international parliament.

Scroll to see replies

It would never work.
Reply 2
Not going to happen.
Reply 3
This is the wrong thread. Go to the one about the "New World Order."
In order of sharing and distributing resources fairly across the globe, it would come in handy but democracy would surely go out the window. As said above, check the NWO thread.
Reply 5
We need less government, not more.
Reply 6
It would, I say we kill all the non whites. We reduce global warming, the garbage problem, over population and we have less cultural differences. Its ******* gold!

First phase of the plan
Nuke Mecca
You see every muslim has to visit mecca at least once in their life time, no matter what. It's their sacred city. So...given that radiation lasts " a while "...not only do you kill the ones in the city at the time, but everyone who visits it, or what's left of it, will die of radiation poisoning.
Reply 7
Having a one world government would stifle enterprise and competition, and would slow the worlds economic and technological growth.

Having a set of large Union-nations under a global council or something could maybe work.
Reply 8
iGurpreet
If there was any resistance the united earth sphere alliance army could focus on a particular area to destroy opposition.

Reply 9
as long as pakistan is the ruler, then yes.
The closest we could get to this in reality is where countries compete with each other only on economic grounds and our militarys had something else to fight of or do, one thing for sure the big business that make money out of war need to be cohersed into other markets, the only thing that could be at the moment is space exploration. Or maybe if aliens attack :biggrin:
numb3rb0y
We need less government, not more.

I was never any good at maths, but one instead of almost four-hundred sounds like less to me. :cool:
Reply 12
Zamolxes
It would, I say we kill all the non whites. We reduce global warming, the garbage problem, over population and we have less cultural differences. Its ******* gold!

First phase of the plan
Nuke Mecca
You see every muslim has to visit mecca at least once in their life time, no matter what. It's their sacred city. So...given that radiation lasts " a while "...not only do you kill the ones in the city at the time, but everyone who visits it, or what's left of it, will die of radiation poisoning.

Your signature; is the irony intentional or did it just happen.
jismith1989
I was never any good at maths, but one instead of almost four-hundred sounds like less to me. :cool:
Which has more crisps, a bag of 400 crisps or 400 bags of 1 crisp?
Bagration
Which has more crisps, a bag of 400 crisps or 400 bags of 1 crisp?

Well, if we're talking in terms of variety then most probably the 400 bags of 1 crisp.
jismith1989
Well, if we're talking in terms of variety then most probably the 400 bags of 1 crisp.
No, we're talking in terms of how many crisps there are.

If you took all the crisps from the 400 bags and piled them up and took all the crisps from the 1 bag and piled them up in exactly the same way, which would be taller?
Reply 16
Firstly this wouldn't work. The worlds culture is simply to diverse to suggest one body could control it effectively.

Secondly that bloody yellow snake is pissing me off, you are now getting too lazy to type your arguments.
Don't worry, it will happen. However, it must not result in the destruction of liberty and justice, but rather the strengthening of it.
Ed.
Firstly this wouldn't work. The worlds culture is simply to diverse to suggest one body could control it effectively.

Secondly that bloody yellow snake is pissing me off, you are now getting too lazy to type your arguments.
The historical importance of that flag is so that it represents my arguments well enough.
Bagration
No, we're talking in terms of how many crisps there are.

If you took all the crisps from the 400 bags and piled them up and took all the crisps from the 1 bag and piled them up in exactly the same way, which would be taller?

They'd be exactly the same.

I know what you're getting at but that's a bad analogy lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending