The Student Room Group

Teacher Training 2024 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Okay so I called up UCL and they said that the deadline has been removed so whenever it is up and running we can upload documents then. Massive relief!
Reply 81
Original post by Talia23567
Okay so I called up UCL and they said that the deadline has been removed so whenever it is up and running we can upload documents then. Massive relief!

That’s fantastic, as I need to reorder my gcse certificates, I messaged them about it and they said there was no need to rush to upload just use the standard service and not priority
Just got an email from York about a "subject specific handwritten task" which seems to just be a way to check your handwriting is readable and you have good spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

Seems like it will be pretty decent and will only take a maximum of 90 mins.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Uni_student3132
Just got an email from York about a "subject specific handwritten task" which seems to just be a way to check your handwriting is readable and you have good spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

Congratulations! can you provide any details about what they want you to do? I am still waiting for information from all of my choices.
Original post by Scary
Congratulations! can you provide any details about what they want you to do? I am still waiting for information from all of my choices.

They were incredibly vague and we aren't allowed to use computers during it. I think it will literally just be to make sure you can actually use English in a suitable way. Don't think it would be something to worry about.

And I don't think this is worthy of congrats - they seem to give it to all applicants.
(edited 6 months ago)

I got an automated email to tell me that the bug in their system has fixed itself, and that Portico should now work. It's still broken for me.

Called the IT helpdesk and they're still working on it, apparently?
Reply 86
I just got an interview from ucl for the secondary mathematics pgce
Reply 87
Original post by HistoryGuy232
I got an automated email to tell me that the bug in their system has fixed itself, and that Portico should now work. It's still broken for me.

I got the same email but it's still not fixed
Original post by Scary
I just got an interview from ucl for the secondary mathematics pgce

Well done !!
So Newcastle has only just given me access to their portal. I have had to upload my GCSE maths and English certificate, which actually worked so they are doing something right haha

Absolutely nothing from Durham so far.

I think I may have picked 4 very slow universities
Has anyone had an interview yet? More specifically for Bournemouth Bay… wondering if anyone has any tips. I have to present to an interview panel how I would plan/teach a lesson… nervous is an understatement!
I have my interview for Leeds tomorrow, very excited and confident. And another interview next week at YSJ. I’m taking me being confident and excited as a good sign right now.
Original post by Uni_student3132

Yeah I’ve got a very similar task for YSJ primary interview next week.
Reply 93
Original post by HistoryGuy232

Just received a reply to a ticket (around 9pm) saying the issue has now been resolved and it actually has 😮*💨. Just uploaded my documents a few minutes ago. Hopefully it’s working for everyone else now?
Reply 94
Original post by ECS3113
Just received a reply to a ticket (around 9pm) saying the issue has now been resolved and it actually has 😮*💨. Just uploaded my documents a few minutes ago. Hopefully it’s working for everyone else now?

Yes, finally all good! Hopefully we all get invites to interviews soon :smile:
Yess it is finally working, I am so nervous for my interview, I need to come up with a 5 min lesson
Reply 96
Yess it is finally working, I am so nervous for my interview, I need to come up with a 5 min lesson

For the mathematics course, I have been asked to read an article and make notes, in preparation for a written task, and to also make a 4 minute YouTube video about a specific topic they have given. Also need to prepare for a group discussion regarding fractions. Seems quite intense.
Reply 97
Has anyone heard from Durham, Cambridge or Winchester yet?! I submitted my application a week yesterday and am stressing I haven’t heard anything lol
Original post by ratkinnnn
Has anyone heard from Durham, Cambridge or Winchester yet?! I submitted my application a week yesterday and am stressing I haven’t heard anything lol

It has only been a week! Try not to worry
Reply 99
I also haven’t heard back from Cambridge
Original post by ratkinnnn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending