The Student Room Group

Qub pgce 2024/2025

Hi was wondering has anyone heard anything back from PGCE team for QUB after interview yet? Did my interview in mid December and says on portal 'Decision Pending'.

Curious if anyone else on the same boat!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have just heard today that I was placed on a waiting list for places!
Reply 2
Which pgce course? My application says the same and I've applied for the Social science one
Reply 3
Original post by Emco99
Which pgce course? My application says the same and I've applied for the Social science one

I had applied for English
Reply 4
Original post by Emco99

He heard nothing for my social science one. Eagerly waiting 😥
Reply 5
Original post by Gcar
He heard nothing for my social science one. Eagerly waiting 😥

Me too! But I asked around in a Fb group and lots of teachers (as well as the social sciences PGCE coordinator at QUB) responded that it’s very very normal to be on a waiting list and most people are at some stage, that really eased my worries
Reply 6
My application has now changed to being "Your application has been received at the University and is currently under review." Anyone else? Is this for the waiting list?
Reply 7
Original post by Emco99
My application has now changed to being "Your application has been received at the University and is currently under review." Anyone else? Is this for the waiting list?

Sorry, seems like we are the only active people on this thread lol. May be a good sign for you, mine still says “Course Full. This program is currently at capacity and your name has been added to a Waiting List to see if any further vacancies become available.”
Reply 8
I did my social sciences interview in the middle of January and still haven’t heard anything. I think I haven’t done well enough in the interview, I was very nervous but wish I could just know for definite so I can stop checking every 10 minutes!!
Reply 9
Original post by Hp29463528
I did my social sciences interview in the middle of January and still haven’t heard anything. I think I haven’t done well enough in the interview, I was very nervous but wish I could just know for definite so I can stop checking every 10 minutes!!

I had mine start of Jan. I’m the same, I just want to know either way lol. I emailed the school and they said they hope to finalise decisions in early march 😊
Original post by Gcar
I had mine start of Jan. I’m the same, I just want to know either way lol. I emailed the school and they said they hope to finalise decisions in early march 😊
I did mine start of Jan too! It’s sssooo long to have to wait!
Reply 11
Anyone heard anything yet lol?
Original post by Gcar
Anyone heard anything yet lol?
No 😩 I’m so tempted to contact them tomorrow! My interview was 2 months ago now!!!
Anyone STILL waiting to hear back?
Original post by LSH12345
Me 😩. I’m trying very hard not to get annoyed and phone up to see what they are doing.
Me 😩. I’m trying very hard not to get annoyed and phone up to see what they are doing.
It’s really difficult holding back isn’t it!
Reply 16
Me also 😔
I checked today and I’ve been put on the waiting list 😕
I checked today and I’ve been put on the waiting list 😕
Same 😭😩
Reply 19