The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

County college accommodation

I’ve accepted my choice for county college standard en suite room. However I’ve realised that it is in the John creed building which I have heard to be terrible in terms of looks, location, social aspects and that the flats only have 3 to 4 people per kitchen? Is this true and if so is it possible for me to move to somewhere else.
Original post by FredB3456
I’ve accepted my choice for county college standard en suite room. However I’ve realised that it is in the John creed building which I have heard to be terrible in terms of looks, location, social aspects and that the flats only have 3 to 4 people per kitchen? Is this true and if so is it possible for me to move to somewhere else.

Hey @FredB3456

Congratulations on your place at Lancaster, we look forward to welcoming you to campus!

I was in a County townhouse in first year, and I really enjoyed how sociable it was, and felt that County had a really good fresher's timetable. By being in the smaller accommodation, you might find that you get the best of both worlds, as you can spend time in the townhouses and go to parties there, but take some time to yourself in your flat if you need to. That being said, if you would like to change your choice, you can try emailing the accommodation team to see if they can change it for you- they want you to be happy in your accommodation!

If you still want to be in County, but with more people sharing the kitchen, I would recommend the townhouses, which are very sociable. However, if you are keen on the ensuite accommodation, then Cartmel, Pendle, Fylde, and Furness are some of the colleges that offer superior ensuite accommodation, with 8 people to a kitchen.

It's also worth mentioning that if you are really unhappy with your flat when you start, you can email your college's accommodation officer, and they'll do their best to move you somewhere you'd prefer.

Hope this helps!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by FredB3456

Heya @FredB3456
Although I am not sure about John Creed building. I'd like to tell from my experience that is it very much possible to change your accommodation once you have already settled in, GIVEN that there is space in other accommodations.
I was allocated county townhouses initially but on the second or third day of freshers I met up cartmel and Lonsdale accommodation managers about a possible change in my housing. Cartmel did not have any places but Lonsdale did so next day i moved to an empty room in Lonsdale.
Im sure you can do same if you are not happy with your allocated college /room.
I hope this helps :smile:
Vyomika(LU Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending