The Student Room Group

Failed Alevels

I ended up with 2 u and an E
I have a apprenticeship in place as I had a feeling I wouldn’t do well but was expected it this bad!

Can I apply for uni through clearing for a foundation degree
Original post by Slush12
I ended up with 2 u and an E
I have a apprenticeship in place as I had a feeling I wouldn’t do well but was expected it this bad!

Can I apply for uni through clearing for a foundation degree

Well, that's unfortunate. :ashamed2:

You won't find any degree, even a foundation degree through Clearing, where the entry requirement is a single A level at grade E (16 UCAS points). By all means visit https://digital.ucas.com/search and check for yourself. And do correct me if I'm wrong.

Lining-up the apprenticeship was smart. I think pursuing that would be your best option.

What sort of apprenticeship is it. Is it something you think you'd enjoy?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Well, that's unfortunate. :ashamed2:

You won't find any degree, even a foundation degree through Clearing, where the entry requirement is a single A level at grade E (16 UCAS points). By all means visit https://digital.ucas.com/search and check for yourself. And do correct me if I'm wrong.

Lining-up the apprenticeship was smart. I think pursuing that would be your best option.

What sort of apprenticeship is it. Is it something you think you'd enjoy?

I know I messed up and failed but trying to give myself false hope! It’s an accounting level 2 and I’ve already started it and I’m enjoying it but as an indian I’ve left my family down and it seems everyone is off to university except me :frown:
Original post by Slush12
I know I messed up and failed but trying to give myself false hope! It’s an accounting level 2 and I’ve already started it and I’m enjoying it but as an indian I’ve left my family down and it seems everyone is off to university except me :frown:

It might seem like "everyone is off to university except me", but that isn't the reality. I haven't seen the figures for this year, but last year (when grade inflation was still in place, to a certain extent), the higher education entry rate among UK 18 year olds was 37.5%. And that was the second highest on record (the highest being 38.2% in 2021). So this year it's likely to be down to around 35%. Hardly "everyone". :smile:

If you're enjoying your Accounting apprenticeship, then I'd suggest you stick with it. You could move on from that Level 2 apprenticeship, to Level 3, Level 4 and beyond. The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) lists five routes to the ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant) qualification (see here). Once of these routes is via apprenticeships. Not everyone's journey involves a degree.
Relax your 18 your apprenticeship will take what 12-18 months so you'll be 19 then you could do a level 3 this can take as little time as 12 months then take it from there not only will you have UCAS points but loads of experience which will make you a very strong candidate even if the LV 3 is a long one (4 years is maximum) you'll still only be 22. Which is still quite young I started the year I turned 22 and had no problems fitting in you'll be fine it's not the end it's just a slight delay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending