The Student Room Group

Terrified for uni. So scared

Anyone going to northwards and terrified for uni. Ik no one in that country and so scared I will hate it and want to leave.
I
@JerryAttrick

I assume by your name that you will be a mature student.

I too resumed studies as a mature student and took the decision to move from the South to the North.

It is a leap into the unknown but think about why you have made this decision.

Remember, you are pursuing a new career.

(You should be proud of yourself for being willing to taking a chance on something new and that takes courage so that implies you have a strong character you can handle change!)

You have past experience that you can use to help you adjust.

Finally, you know it's just for a season. The time will go really quickly!!!

Enjoy your course : )

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Original post by JerryAttrick
Anyone going to northwards and terrified for uni. Ik no one in that country and so scared I will hate it and want to leave.
I

Hey @JerryAttrick

I understand that going to uni somewhere new can be really scary! But please know that everyone will be in the exact same boat and also will most likely not know anyone! In your first year, everyone is generally really keen to make friends which I promise makes life easier, but you can also join societies or meet people on your course with similar interests if you find yourself struggling. Some of my longest lasting friendships have ended up being people I met in seminars. :smile:

I'd also recommend having a look on Facebook for the freshers group for your uni, as people normally post on there looking to make friends with people on the same course/living in the same building before they arrive.

Best of luck with everything!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending