The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A101 (BM4) 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sidibrighton
4 times is amateur multiply that by 10 lol. Nice I also did A100 St Georges, Manchester and Surrey. I'm convinced the wait is way worse than a rejection as this is my 3rd cycle

Agreed on that last bit, this is my second cycle, last time round I had a ok-ish UCAT but I knew it wasn't high enough to get interviews, didn't stop them dragging it out before sending me formal rejections
Original post by roobSL
Agreed on that last bit, this is my second cycle, last time round I had a ok-ish UCAT but I knew it wasn't high enough to get interviews, didn't stop them dragging it out before sending me formal rejections

Hey best of luck with everything, I hope you get some interviews
Reply 22
Heya, anyone have any interviews yet?
Original post by megan8251
Heya, anyone have any interviews yet?

I haven't heard anything whatsoever
Reply 24
I don't think we'll hear anything until mid January considering interviews will the end of Jan and they like to give about 2 weeks notice
Original post by elm1999
I don't think we'll hear anything until mid January considering interviews will the end of Jan and they like to give about 2 weeks notice

Very helpful thank you
Do we have any idea of a ballpark figure for the UCAT cut off for this year? Thanks
Reply 27
Just another acknowledgement and be patient email for me, personally!
First year BM4 student here at Southampton so let me know if you've any questions about the course 😊
Reply 29
Original post by Maia.williams
First year BM4 student here at Southampton so let me know if you've any questions about the course 😊

What is your worklpad like 1st year?

What kind of assessments are you doing atm?

I imagine the workload is intense and does that make the days/weeks/months go quite quickly? I think 4 year med is such a brilliant idea for graduates and means within 4 years you are treating patients, which is brilliant IMO
Original post by NatsP29
What is your worklpad like 1st year?

What kind of assessments are you doing atm?

I won't lie, the workload is intense. I have a max of 1-2 afternoons off a week, and the rest of the (work) week is typically 9-5ish. However, it's definitely manageable if you've worked out a nice way of organising yourself and there's also plenty of support available. In terms of assessments, my first is due in January so, reasonably chilled on that front so far! The Jan one is an essay, we have a couple of other essays throughout the year and then summer exams.
Original post by sidibrighton
I imagine the workload is intense and does that make the days/weeks/months go quite quickly? I think 4 year med is such a brilliant idea for graduates and means within 4 years you are treating patients, which is brilliant IMO

Yes and no for time going quickly - atm I feel as though I both started yesterday and ages ago!!
Yes and no for time going quickly - atm I feel as though I both started yesterday and ages ago!!

Thanks very much! What are the holidays like in the first few years assuming there's basically none in the last year or so of GEM?
Reply 34
Anyone else had an email from Southampton med admissions asking for an up to date CV?
Reply 35
Original post by BrainyBee
Anyone else had an email from Southampton med admissions asking for an up to date CV?

Nope, are you in last year of degree? Or graduated already
Reply 36
Original post by Rializzy
Nope, are you in last year of degree? Or graduated already

I’m in my final year of a PhD. Tbf I’m a home student but used to live overseas which might have confused them 😂
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 37

Yes I got one today.
Reply 38

Yes just received it, my heart stopped!
Reply 39
Got a request for a CV also, from looking at their website I couldn't tell if they use this is part of their assessment for invitation to interview for A101? Does anyone happen to know? Is it just to check any gaps in employment or education?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending