The Student Room Group

Regret taking single award science

I’m on my last year of gcse and am now regretting taking single award science. Many of the uni courses I’m interested in like radiology involve a science based alevel (which I can’t take) is there an alternative way of getting around this?
Reply 1
Original post by Molly937
I’m on my last year of gcse and am now regretting taking single award science. Many of the uni courses I’m interested in like radiology involve a science based alevel (which I can’t take) is there an alternative way of getting around this?
just for more context , why cant you take a science a level? if you want to do radiology , biology is a good base (I don't know about the requirements of radiology but I think biology is helpful )
Reply 2
Original post by Alm_xo
just for more context , why cant you take a science a level? if you want to do radiology , biology is a good base (I don't know about the requirements of radiology but I think biology is helpful )

Tysm for replying! Taking single award science means that I’m unable to choose a science subject such as biology for my Alevels which is upsetting because I really enjoyed the bio unit of my gcse course
Reply 3
Tysm for replying! Taking single award science means that I’m unable to choose a science subject such as biology for my Alevels which is upsetting because I really enjoyed the bio unit of my gcse course
oh sorry , I thought it meant you get a award for every science you take eg: one for bio , one for chem etc (silly me)
I don't think it may affect you , in the sixth form near me , you just have to get 5+ in science you take ..
does single science have a higher/foundation paper?
Reply 4
Original post by Alm_xo
oh sorry , I thought it meant you get a award for every science you take eg: one for bio , one for chem etc (silly me)
I don't think it may affect you , in the sixth form near me , you just have to get 5+ in science you take ..
does single science have a higher/foundation paper?

It’s no problem :smile: and yes! I’m currently taking the higher paper, your sixth form sounds like a dream😭 but many of the sixth forms near me only allow a student to take bio, chem, or physics Alevel when they’ve previously took 2 or all 3 sciences at gcse unfortunately
Reply 5
It’s no problem :smile: and yes! I’m currently taking the higher paper, your sixth form sounds like a dream😭 but many of the sixth forms near me only allow a student to take bio, chem, or physics Alevel when they’ve previously took 2 or all 3 sciences at gcse unfortunately
oh I am not in sixth form , the sixth form i want to go to says this , i will copy paste from the prospectus from the college
(it is a sixth form college btw)
"GCSE Grade 6 or above in Biology and another science or two Grade 6s or above in Combined Science. Plus GCSE Grade 5 or above in Mathematics"

I don't know what that meant , single or triple science , tbf but you will understand it
(edited 2 months ago)
I mean if you are good at science, could you not take private gcse's. they do cost money but if you do well in them, I don't see why you are not able to take your a levels then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending