The Student Room Group

Not getting correct SFE loan amount in time

I’m moving to London for uni and eligible for the maximum loan, but SFE gave me a much smaller amount and said they need more evidence. I’ve sent the evidence and all but uni starts in a few weeks and SFE take a while to check evidence. I’m worried I won’t get the correct amount in time and won’t be able to pay rent/bills. Any advice?
Original post by tptp123
I’m moving to London for uni and eligible for the maximum loan, but SFE gave me a much smaller amount and said they need more evidence. I’ve sent the evidence and all but uni starts in a few weeks and SFE take a while to check evidence. I’m worried I won’t get the correct amount in time and won’t be able to pay rent/bills. Any advice?

Hi there,

What evidence did you send and when? Do you have any child dependents on your application?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

What evidence did you send and when? Do you have any child dependents on your application?

Thanks, Clare

Hi,
My mom (supporting my application) was asked to send bills and a tenancy agreement as evidence for single occupancy, this was on the 10th of August. I don’t have any child dependents
Original post by tptp123
Hi,
My mom (supporting my application) was asked to send bills and a tenancy agreement as evidence for single occupancy, this was on the 10th of August. I don’t have any child dependents

Hi there,

Thank you for confirming. Our current processing timescales are approximately 15 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes. This indicates that you should have an update around the 1st of September, therefore it is best to monitor your account around that date.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending