The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Will sheffield consider me?

Basically i really like these two specific courses - Computer Systems engineering BEng and Electronics and Computer Engineering BEng, however im only predicted ABB, where as the courses require AAB as a minimum entry requirement. Ive got a good personal statement though, with a lot about previous Electronic projects, a portfolio website built in html/css with in-built javascript games ive made, and also some books ive read with interest in electrical engineering topics. Im wondering if its still worth applying to these courses, and would i have a good chance at getting an offer?
cheers.
thanks.
You are in shouting distance of the requirement and you could get it so definitely include this as one of your UCAS choices. And make sure you balance it with other choices of courses your also really like the look of but with lower gradfe requirements. Totally doable though
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by toby695
Basically i really like these two specific courses - Computer Systems engineering BEng and Electronics and Computer Engineering BEng, however im only predicted ABB, where as the courses require AAB as a minimum entry requirement. Ive got a good personal statement though, with a lot about previous Electronic projects, a portfolio website built in html/css with in-built javascript games ive made, and also some books ive read with interest in electrical engineering topics. Im wondering if its still worth applying to these courses, and would i have a good chance at getting an offer?
cheers.
thanks.

Have you checked if you are eligible for the Access Sheffield offer? It’s on their website for every course. It lowers one of the grades.
Anyways, it’s worth applying anyway but make sure you have safe options to apply to as well.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Have you checked if you are eligible for the Access Sheffield offer? It’s on their website for every course. It lowers one of the grades.
Anyways, it’s worth applying anyway but make sure you have safe options to apply to as well.

yeh i didnt do an epq, and im no eligable for the access sheffield offer. i'll keep a few safety options, but as ive already done a-levels (BBC) im retaking two of them and im speaking to previous sixth form + current tutor to get two new predicted grades for physics+maths(A and a B) making my grades Obtained:B in econ and predicted : A in maths B in physics, so ill mainly just apply to courses around BBB-ABB level as 'safety'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending