The Student Room Group

sfe question

due to personal circumstances i could only recently open my bank account even though i applied for student finance months ago. i’ve just updated my bank account details and for some reason it’s still telling me i have actions to complete. have i done something wrong or do i need to wait for my bank details to update?
Original post by annonnymouus
due to personal circumstances i could only recently open my bank account even though i applied for student finance months ago. i’ve just updated my bank account details and for some reason it’s still telling me i have actions to complete. have i done something wrong or do i need to wait for my bank details to update?

Hi annonnymouus,

Was your application approved before? What status does your payments show online?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi annonnymouus,

Was your application approved before? What status does your payments show online?

Thanks,
Claire

hi,
my application was approved before i entered my bank details. it now says that i don’t have any more actions to complete. however, my payments are currently showing as blocked? is this because my details haven’t been confirmed yet? as in the fact that my university hasn’t yet told sfe that i’m going to start on my course in september?
(edited 8 months ago)
hi,
my application was approved before i entered my bank details. it now says that i don’t have any more actions to complete. however, my payments are currently showing as blocked? is this because my details haven’t been confirmed yet? as in the fact that my university hasn’t yet told sfe that i’m going to start on my course in september?

Hi there,

Is this the firs time you have applied for funding? If so, can you confirm the date you received your entitlement letter?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Is this the firs time you have applied for funding? If so, can you confirm the date you received your entitlement letter?

Thanks, Clare

yes this is the first time i have applied. i received my entitlement letter on the 17th of april 2023.
yes this is the first time i have applied. i received my entitlement letter on the 17th of april 2023.

When did you update the bank details?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
When did you update the bank details?

Thanks,
Claire

hi there,
i updated my bank details on saturday
hi there,
i updated my bank details on saturday

If the status still shows blocked tomorrow, we would suggest contact us so we can check this for you. You will need to call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
If the status still shows blocked tomorrow, we would suggest contact us so we can check this for you. You will need to call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire

hi there,
it no longer says “blocked”, it just says “awaiting confirmation”. is there anything else i need to do now?
hi there,
it no longer says “blocked”, it just says “awaiting confirmation”. is there anything else i need to do now?

Hi there,

No, this is a normal status now. Your university just needs to send the confirmation of registration through to us electronically on our shared system so that the payments can be released.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 10
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

No, this is a normal status now. Your university just needs to send the confirmation of registration through to us electronically on our shared system so that the payments can be released.

Thanks, Clare

okay, thanks. how long will it take for sfe to receive confirmation from my university?
okay, thanks. how long will it take for sfe to receive confirmation from my university?

Hi there,

You would need to ask them when they plan to send this through however, they usually do it around a week prior to the payment date as it takes up to 48 hours to update on our system once received.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending