The Student Room Group

Re-mark or not?

My son missed out on a grade 4 in Maths (foundation) which now means he will need to retake this. Would you consider a remark for 4 points or not? I feel like 4 marks is unlikely, and we would struggle to afford this, but on the other hand, it would save him having to retake the exam if a miracle happened?
Reply 1
Original post by Stratford5
My son missed out on a grade 4 in Maths (foundation) which now means he will need to retake this. Would you consider a remark for 4 points or not? I feel like 4 marks is unlikely, and we would struggle to afford this, but on the other hand, it would save him having to retake the exam if a miracle happened?

Hey there,

Your son will be able to request the marked scripts for each of the exam papers to see how he was marked. This is a free service and you can then decide which paper(s) to send for a remark if you believe there is potential marks to be gained.

Since it isn't an essay based subject, the marks aren't subjective so the chance of gaining 4 can be small.
Reply 2
Original post by Aceful
Hey there,

Your son will be able to request the marked scripts for each of the exam papers to see how he was marked. This is a free service and you can then decide which paper(s) to send for a remark if you believe there is potential marks to be gained.

Since it isn't an essay based subject, the marks aren't subjective so the chance of gaining 4 can be small.

this and see what your teacher says although 4 marks in maths is very unlikely

if you do gain marks though, it is at least free of charge

Quick Reply

Latest