The Student Room Group

University Requirements

I have just finished GCSEs and gotten my grades, overall they were pretty good with a couple 9s, some 8s and 7s but I was worried I as I got a 5 in both English language and literature and don't know whether that would become a problem later on as I plan on applying to the top universities to study computer science and maths (I got an 8 in maths, 9 in physics, C in additional maths), for a levels I am going to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
Original post by Lustrous_1
I have just finished GCSEs and gotten my grades, overall they were pretty good with a couple 9s, some 8s and 7s but I was worried I as I got a 5 in both English language and literature and don't know whether that would become a problem later on as I plan on applying to the top universities to study computer science and maths (I got an 8 in maths, 9 in physics, C in additional maths), for a levels I am going to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

A 5 in English language should be fine for the majority of courses (literature won't matter). To make sure, check the Entry requirements section on the course pages of unis that you think you might like to apply to at this stage. If you need higher than a 5 for your dream uni, consider retaking it in year 12.
Reply 2
Have you actually looked at the GCSEs that each Uni requires for this subject .....?
It will be stated on each course page on the Uni website.

Quick Reply

Latest