The Student Room Group

Student Finance for EU students

Hi,

I have pre settled status and i am applying to universities for 2024 entry. I have been living in the uk for 2 years and will be 3 years next year before the start of my course.
Would i be considered home for fees and would i be eligible gor student finance?
Also do eu students not get maintenance loan?
I dont know if this is relevant but my parents also live and work here and have pre settled status and they get benefits.
Original post by nemoiiiii
Hi,

I have pre settled status and i am applying to universities for 2024 entry. I have been living in the uk for 2 years and will be 3 years next year before the start of my course.
Would i be considered home for fees and would i be eligible gor student finance?
I dont know if this is relevant but my parents also live and work here and have pre settled status and they get benefits.

Hi there,

Can you confirm your age and will the 3 years be before the 1st of September 2024? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Can you confirm your age and will the 3 years be before the 1st of September 2024? Thanks, Jason

hi im 18 and yeah it will be 3 years on july
hi im 18 and yeah it will be 3 years on july

Hi there,

Thanks, if you have Pre-Settled Status you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan only.

To be eligible for the Maintenance Loan you or your parents need to be working in the UK while you study. Let us know if that is the case.

Also, it's up to the university to decide how much fees to charge you so we'd definitely suggest checking this with them.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Thanks, if you have Pre-Settled Status you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan only.

To be eligible for the Maintenance Loan you or your parents need to be working in the UK while you study. Let us know if that is the case.

Also, it's up to the university to decide how much fees to charge you so we'd definitely suggest checking this with them.

Thanks, Graeme

Hi my dad is working in the UK so would i be eligible for the maintenance loan?
Also i thought if you had pre settled status youd get home fees is that not true?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Also what kind of evidence do i need to provide for my 3 year residence?
Also what kind of evidence do i need to provide for my 3 year residence?

Hi nemoiiiii,

Your Share Code and Home Office letter would be required to confirm your residency status.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 7
hi then would i be eligible for maintenance loan if my father works in uk
Hi,

Hi there, Are you going to apply for Settled Status prior to the start of the 2024 academic year? Thanks, Angela
Reply 9
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Are you going to apply for Settled Status prior to the start of the 2024 academic year? Thanks, Angela

No i dont think i can beacuse i have to live i. uk for 5 years to apply but its going to be 3 in 2024. Would i be eligible for maintenance loan if my father works here?
No i dont think i can beacuse i have to live i. uk for 5 years to apply but its going to be 3 in 2024. Would i be eligible for maintenance loan if my father works here?

Hi there, if your father is working during the academic year then you can apply as a child of a Migrant Worker. If it's for a course starting in September 2024 then you can apply from the spring of next year. I've enclosed further information here for you:

https://www.ucas.com/finance/student-finance-england/student-finance-migrant-workers Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending