The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Hpe ucl 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, much appreciated. :smile:
With the scale of applications it makes sense, just got to try to forget about it temporarily so I don't end up checking this thread all the time haha

I know the feeling! Also to clarify as this wasn't obvious in my previous course, I was applying to a different course/department (but still a relatively small department like SSEES I think) but in general it seemed a lot of people across the uni routinely get offers very late.

But yeah, just try and focus on your lessons and preparing for the exams so that when you hopefully get an offer you can make sure you meet it :biggrin:

Bonne chance! :h:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous #4
Thank you, much appreciated. :smile:
With the scale of applications it makes sense, just got to try to forget about it temporarily so I don't end up checking this thread all the time haha

Got a contextual offer today ABB
Original post by Anonymous #6

Well done!!! Did ur portico status change because you got an offer?

Congratulations! Echoing the above, would love to know a bit about if the portico seems to change sometime prior to the offer (rumoured 24hr i believe)
Original post by Anonymous #3
Well done!!! Did ur portico status change because you got an offer?

Thank you, Yhh I think so just checked don’t remember what I was like before
Reply 25
Well done mate! Think a lot of us are eagerly waiting a decision. It's so frustrating considering I applied over 4 months ago. I'm not contextual i dont think, so its gonna be even longer ffs lol
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by rghir
Well done mate! Think a lot of us are eagerly waiting a decision. It's so frustrating considering I applied over 4 months ago. I'm not contextual i dont think, so its gonna be even longer ffs lol

Literally I’m soo relieved, I didn’t even think I was contextual either since only one of my other choices would consider me but I can’t complain with a lower offer. Really I only applied in mid December just before the holiday and I was getting annoyed at how long it has been 😂
Literally I’m soo relieved, I didn’t even think I was contextual either since only one of my other choices would consider me but I can’t complain with a lower offer. Really I only applied in mid December just before the holiday and I was getting annoyed at how long it has been 😂

Ngl I applied on the deadline and I'm still getting annoyed with how long it takes hahaha
My application status has been changed to:
" Currently being processed by Admissions
aaa"

Anyone know what this means?
Original post by Anonymous #5
Anyone heard yet?

I have heard back for HPE and received an offer ABB (reduced) on 13/02. I didn't speak about Eastern European affairs at all, but I did talk about Asia. My PS was evenly spread between history, politics and economics (probably less amount of history). My stats are A*A*A predicted in Maths, Economics and History, 99888877776 at GCSE.
Reply 30
aaa"

They are starting to give out offers or rejections, I received my offer on Tuesday
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 31
I only mentioned 2 lines about eastern Europe in my personal statement and talked mainly politics and economics. I think im gonna get rejected lol, but i got 3A*s so hopefully not. I applied 20th October lol
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by hr27
I only mentioned 2 lines about eastern Europe in my personal statement and talked mainly politics and economics. I think im gonna get rejected lol, but i got 3A*s so hopefully not. I applied 20th October lol

Damn no way I only applied with A*AA in econ sociology and psychology was worried about my subjects but turned out fine. My personal statement was similar to yours aswell but I applied to 5 different courses so it was all mixed
Reply 33
Original post by temzzzzz
They are starting to give out offers or rejections, I received my offer on Tuesday

When abouts did you apply?
Reply 34
aaa"

Nah, mines still "application received"
Damn no way I only applied with A*AA in econ sociology and psychology was worried about my subjects but turned out fine. My personal statement was similar to yours aswell but I applied to 5 different courses so it was all mixed

are you a current student? I've applied with the same grades and have a bad feeling because I don't take the normal maths econ and history combination of subjects. I do philosophy economics and business. Only mentioned Russia/Ukraine in my last paragraph
Original post by hi12345679
are you a current student? I've applied with the same grades and have a bad feeling because I don't take the normal maths econ and history combination of subjects. I do philosophy economics and business. Only mentioned Russia/Ukraine in my last paragraph

Nahh only got my offer a couple days ago. It shouldn’t be a problem tho cause we still do one of the preferred subject, main thing is the personal statement I think
Reply 37
Original post by rghir
When abouts did you apply?

Late November
Reply 38
Original post by temzzzzz
Late November

Fairs same. I didn’t really mention Slavonic studies in my statement so it could be that
Reply 39
I got my offer wednesday, didn't mention anything to do with europe or any history (applied to pol+econ everywhere else) so i don't think theyd reject people for that
anyone else get the email for the offer holders event in march?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending