The Student Room Group

low ucat to pharmacy/ gap year

I recently have gotten 2390 band 2 on my ucat and was very disappointed with this. My other stats are as follows: AAA predicted
( bio, chem + maths) my gcses: 9999888887. I had been thinking that it might be pointless applying this year considering my ucat and considering my predicted grades just hitting the minimum requirement i doubt i could apply to places such as keele or aston with A*AA needed. Can someone let me know if its still worth applying or would it be a waste. I had thought about applying to pharmacy as the course interests me a lot as i really love chem and maths, and its still a career in healthcare. Whilst applying to ONLY pharm I might take my alevels see how those go and on results day rethink about a gap year and then i may reapply for med? if it doesn't go then I may just stick to pharmacy?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by ggeezz
I recently have gotten 2390 band 2 on my ucat and was very disappointed with this. My other stats are as follows: AAA predicted
( bio, chem + maths) my gcses: 9999888887. I had been thinking that it might be pointless applying this year considering my ucat and considering my predicted grades just hitting the minimum requirement i doubt i could apply to places such as keele or aston with A*AA needed. Can someone let me know if its still worth applying or would it be a waste. I had thought about applying to pharmacy as the course interests me a lot as i really love chem and maths, and its still a career in healthcare. Whilst applying to ONLY pharm I might take my alevels see how those go and on results day rethink about a gap year and then i may reapply for med? if it doesn't go then I may just stick to pharmacy?

do you want to really want to do medicine or pharmacy? because if you prefer medicine then you should do medicine. consider doing the bmat if you're set on medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending