The Student Room Group

Low UCAT Score and Gap Year?

Hi All,

I just completed my UCAT today.

I did terribly and did not anticipate the score that I got.

My results - 2230 B3

I am fully aware that this score is too low for application to medicine.

I am predicted A*A*A -

Can i take a gap year and reapply and retake my ucat.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone
Reply 2
Original post by shdshhshdhdf
anyone

Yes
You can also sit the BMAT for this year - you have nothing to lose!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
I don't want to sit the bmat

I don't want to apply for Oxbridge

I think it is too late to start preparing for bmat
Reply 4

Med schools other than Oxbridge use BMAT.
Otherwise, your UCAT is almost certainly too low for any of the unis that use it
Reply 5
Hi All,

My results - 2230 B3

I am predicted A*A*A -

hey :smile: you dont need to take a gap year, you can apply a snormal,I had a very very low UCAT and i still got into med, message me if you need any help or tips :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by (())
hey :smile: you dont need to take a gap year, you can apply a snormal,I had a very very low UCAT and i still got into med, message me if you need any help or tips :smile:

hi i got 2390 band 2 is it still worth applying? or I was thinking of applying to pharmacy as this course also interests me and I do love chemistry and maths, then I'll do my alevels and if they go well i'll rethink about taking a gap year and doing the ucat again and possibly rejecting pharmacy (if i get offers). However, I am unsure if this is allowed and if it is worth doing the ucat again considering i struggled and there's no guarantee it will be better and then i'd havre rejected pharmacy
Reply 7
Original post by ggeezz
hi i got 2390 band 2 is it still worth applying? or I was thinking of applying to pharmacy as this course also interests me and I do love chemistry and maths, then I'll do my alevels and if they go well i'll rethink about taking a gap year and doing the ucat again and possibly rejecting pharmacy (if i get offers). However, I am unsure if this is allowed and if it is worth doing the ucat again considering i struggled and there's no guarantee it will be better and then i'd havre rejected pharmacy

Hey! Its still worth applying :smile: dont let yourself lose hope or compare urself to others who have really high UCAT. The reality of it is you need one interview offer for a chance and when you do you smash it

If you truly want to go for med, apply as usual put. Pharmacy as the 5th see what happens, what unis give you offers and go from there

Its all still worth playing for, just because you have a low UCAT does not mean you vant get in. I was told i wouldnt with a 2400 UCAT but I did
its absolutely not too late to start prepping for the bmat!
most people are just about starting now actually :smile:

Reply 9
Original post by (())
Hey! Its still worth applying :smile: dont let yourself lose hope or compare urself to others who have really high UCAT. The reality of it is you need one interview offer for a chance and when you do you smash it

If you truly want to go for med, apply as usual put. Pharmacy as the 5th see what happens, what unis give you offers and go from there

Its all still worth playing for, just because you have a low UCAT does not mean you vant get in. I was told i wouldnt with a 2400 UCAT but I did

thanks! i think i'd replied to you in a nother thread haha, if you don't mind me asking where you applied and ur stats? and were you 2023 entry? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ggeezz
thanks! i think i'd replied to you in a nother thread haha, if you don't mind me asking where you applied and ur stats? and were you 2023 entry? :smile:

Hey sure!! i got AAA, 9's 8s and 1 7 in GCSE, 2440 UCAT :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by (())

where did u get in?
Reply 12
Hi everyone i've posted a forum with all my stats :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by (())

I’ve got 2400 in my ucat. What unis did you apply too if you don’t mind me asking :smile:?
Hi All,

My results - 2230 B3

I am predicted A*A*A -

I got into medicine with 2300
Reply 15
Original post by medictutor
I got into medicine with 2300

What unis did you apply to if you don’t mind me asking ?:smile:
Reply 16
Original post by (())

Are you WP/contextual? If not, where did you apply/get accepted?
Which score did you get and which uni did you get into?
Original post by Aymen.b108
Which score did you get and which uni did you get into?

i got 2550? any tips on deciding on unis
Reply 19
Original post by artsandscience
i got 2550? any tips on deciding on unis

Exeter is a great uni for an average ucat score, they look at predicted grades much more than ucat
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending