The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Did anyone get a clearing place in University of Reading

How long did it take?
I had been waiting for over a week now for a decision and I feel like they are dragging me along
And yes I have been calling nearly everyday and sorted everything they told me to do.
Reply 1
Also Should I have given this up? Its been more than a week and despite the calling for any progress its always the same response. I had been looking at other unis in clearing but I really want to go to Reading
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by world2change
How long did it take?
I had been waiting for over a week now for a decision and I feel like they are dragging me along
And yes I have been calling nearly everyday and sorted everything they told me to do.

Hi @world2change! Apologies for the delay in our response, and we're really sorry to hear you've faced delays in receiving your decision regarding your place with us. Is this still the case? We're aware that the admissions team are still manually working through a lot of applications to confirm places, hence the delay in decision-making.

You've done the right thing to stay in contact - I'm not sure what their response has been, but the likelihood is, as you've been responsive and speedily fulfilled any of their requests, it might just be a waiting game at this point. It might also be worth emailing the admissions team to outline your situation - often having a paper trail and directly outlining your concerns will lead to a more concrete answer, albeit less instantaneous than on the phone. If you're still waiting for an answer, let us know and we'll PM you a template to send to the admissions team for your ease of use.

Apologies again, and absolute best of luck with your situation!

Lottie :smile:
GRTUK and Reading Alumna (History)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending