The Student Room Group

Official Year 13 Chat 2023-24

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mesub
Oops! New mobile app still doesn't support native mentions yet

:smile:

Original post by mesub
You may be able to in certain situations (e.g., part time courses) but eventually the university will need to let UCAS know that you've been given a place.

@Admit-One can advise further (or correct me if I'm wrong!!)

Yes, I think PQ explained this scenario recently. Basically if you want to accept an offer that's been received directly, the uni needs to process it through UCAS which they can't do if you are placed or have offers elsewhere. In effect, I think you'd need to be eligible for Extra so the uni could process it.
Okay, Ill wait for their reply
Just wanted to pop in and let you know about a thread I've set up to share revision methods, help guide your revision or discover some new revision techniques that you've perhaps not tried before - would be fab if you came along! :biggrin:
TSR Asks...what are your favourite ways to revise?
Reply 803
Original post by oliviapope1
Woo-hoo!!
We've finally reached the final year of our further education!
How are you all feeling? Scared, nervous, excited?
Year 13 can truly be a nerve-racking experience but this thread has been created to encourage each other to get through the lows and celebrate the highs.
Here are some questions to introduce ourselves:
-What A-Level subjects are you studying?
-What course are you thinking of applying for?
-Do you have to take any entrance exams?
-Favourite food?
-What are you looking forward to doing after year 13?
-Hobbies and interests?
Here's to a successful year ahead of us!
Work hard and look after yourselves, we can do this!!!
Hey everyone, if you are struggling to choose what unis to pick as your firm and/or insurance, please take the opportunity to sign up to advice from UCAS trained advisors! The link is here[i]: TSR Decisions Drop In 2024 - sign up for free advice! - The Student Room :lovedup:

:hat2:
Hey fellow year 13s, I have good news! If you take A Levels, exam discussions are now available, where you can engage in conversations about your exams! If you want to start chatting about the summer exams, look no further by pressing this link! have a scroll first to see if your subject exam is available, but please watch the thread as more should be added over the next few days :biggrin:!

enjoy discussing,
emmanuella :heart:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by emm4nuella
Hey fellow year 13s, I have good news! If you take A Levels, exam discussions are now available, where you can engage in conversations about your exams! If you want to start chatting about the summer exams, look no further by pressing this link! have a scroll first to see if your subject exam is available, but please watch the thread as more should be added over the next few days :biggrin:!
enjoy discussing,

hi! please could you create one for the aqa english literature and language course, there is only english literature at the moment!
Original post by desperate-peculi
hi! please could you create one for the aqa english literature and language course, there is only english literature at the moment!
You can make your own if you want and then tag @Pwca in it so that it can be added to the hub of exam threads :smile:
Hello everyone, TSR Goes Green is back where across the site, you can engage in many conversations centring on the environment and nature! I've made a thread asking the question if studying can be made more sustainable! @5hyl33n made a thread asking if you study outside :biggrin:! And @flowersinmyhair is wondering whether a campus environment influenced your uni decisions!
Click the links below to get involved!

Can studying be made more sustainable? - The Student Room
TSR Goes Green: Do you study outside? - The Student Room
Did the campus environment influence your uni decision? - The Student Room

And if you want to get involved with more TSR Goes Green threads that may interest you, look no further: TSR Goes Green! Mk II - 2024 Hub thread - The Student Room
(edited 3 weeks ago)
enjoy discussing,

hi could you add edexcel government politics?
Original post by stacey12809
hi could you add edexcel government politics?

Hello please don't duplicate messages! A thread for your subject may be added over the next few days, so keep an eye out! But if you want to make your own thread, please follow the instructions here: A-level Exam Discussions 2024 - The Student Room! Make sure to have a look first for your subject
Hello please don't duplicate messages! A thread for your subject may be added over the next few days, so keep an eye out! But if you want to make your own thread, please follow the instructions here: A-level Exam Discussions 2024 - The Student Room! Make sure to have a look first for your subject

I think my laptop glitched i didn't mean to do that!!
Hello Year 13s, as exams draw near - you may be thinking about somewhere where you can document your revision & let the TSR community keep up to date with your academic journey at the same time! Well, Grow your Grades is the perfect place to start! Creating a Grow your Grades blog helps to maintain motivation and allow you to hold accountability! Click here to see what other Grow your Grades bloggers have to say about having a blog and if you are ready - make one now!
Original post by oliviapope1
Woo-hoo!!
We've finally reached the final year of our further education!
How are you all feeling? Scared, nervous, excited?
Year 13 can truly be a nerve-racking experience but this thread has been created to encourage each other to get through the lows and celebrate the highs.
Here are some questions to introduce ourselves:
-What A-Level subjects are you studying?
-What course are you thinking of applying for?
-Do you have to take any entrance exams?
-Favourite food?
-What are you looking forward to doing after year 13?
-Hobbies and interests?
Here's to a successful year ahead of us!
Work hard and look after yourselves, we can do this!!!

-What A-Level subjects are you studying? Biology, Chemistry, Maths, German
-What course are you thinking of applying for? Medicine
-Do you have to take any entrance exams? Yes UCAT and BMAT but already done them
-Favourite food? Gotta be potato salad
-What are you looking forward to doing after year 13? Driving and going to uni
-Hobbies and interests? Cricket and music
Original post by Hippogan
-Do you have to take any entrance exams? Yes UCAT and BMAT but already done them
What exam board are you doing for biology?
Original post by flowersinmyhair
What exam board are you doing for biology?

AQA
AQA
I do Edexcel A and it turns out not many people actually do that :frown:
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I do Edexcel A and it turns out not many people actually do that :frown:

haha yeah it's usually AQA for sciences isn't it
haha yeah it's usually AQA for sciences isn't it
That or OCR
i’ve also applied for medicine and doing bio chem and german !!

Quick Reply

Latest