The Student Room Group

Grow Your Grades 2023 - 2024!

:woo: Welcome To Grow Your Grades 2023 - 2024 :woo:

Click here to make your GYG!

What is GYG?
'Grow Your Grades' is an annual blogging competition that has been a part of TSR for nine consecutive years. Every year, we ask students of all academic levels to document their academic journey, from their starting point at the beginning of the academic year to their progress throughout, sharing their successes, challenges, and everything in between. As the year concludes, we carefully review these blogs and select an ultimate winner, in addition to various other prizes distributed throughout the year.

So, why should I enter?
Keeping a blog helps maintain your motivation and ensure you remain committed to your studies. Additionally, the sense of community within GYG consistently provides a supportive and inspiring environment for individuals. We understand that rekindling your study routine can be challenging, but this is why GYG offers you an opportunity to set personal challenges and gradually reintegrate yourself into the rhythm of studying.

I want to start a blog, but I don't know how to make it look pretty.
First and foremost, in order to have a shot at winning, your blog doesn't necessarily need to be aesthetically pleasing. However, if you want to make it visually appealing, we recommend consulting our 'Top Tips to making your blog updates look great' thread. This resource will definitely assist you in perfecting your blog posts.

Do my blog posts need to be of a certain length?
Absolutely not! We understand that you need to allocate time for essential tasks like homework, school, or even relaxation. Hence, we're encouraging you to keep your blogs concise and to the point. Perhaps you might want to consider jotting down a few sentences each day on your way home from school rather than composing a lengthier post on the weekend. Alternatively, adding a picture to illustrate your to-do list can be more efficient than typing it all out. Either way, remember, it's about how you use the words, not the number you use!

What should I include in my blog?
You can include whatever you like! Your subject and subject level is an excellent start, but after that you can include anything from your timetable, homework struggles, pictures of your revision (or your snacks). Anything relevant to growing your grades. Remember you don't have to have super long blog posts, and a picture can tell a thousand words (and save you time too!)

What kinds of prizes are there?
As well as a top prize for the overall winner, we will be giving out prizes throughout the year for lots of different things. For example, there could be prizes for most supportive user, best photography, or best study tips. The prizes will be different each time, but the first will be a £50 Love2shop gift card, awarded to the blogger with the best first post. To be in with a chance of winning this first prize, simply start your Grow Your Grades blog before 30th September!

When does the competition close?
We'll be closing the competition the day after GCSE results day again this year.

How do I make a GYG?
Join us in the "Grow Your Grades" competition and reap the rewards of your academic growth. 'Click here to make your GYG!'

Further questions
Wishing you all the best for the upcoming academic year! We can't wait to check out your blogs. If you've got any more questions about creating a GYG, just give us a shout below! :yep:
(edited 7 months ago)
:bump:

Last chance to create your GYG with a chance of winning the 'blogger with the best first post' prize.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending