The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Where To Go for (Affordable!) Christmas Shopping as a Kingston University Student

It's that time of year again, and as December approaches the Christmas season is in full swing in Kingston-upon-Thames! Christmas can seem a bit daunting as a student, especially if it's your first year living independently - but don't worry. You can still keep tons of your typical traditions if you know where to look, and maybe even discover some new ones from your friends and flatmates. :wink:

Argos
Argos might not be your first thought when you think of Christmas shopping destinations for students - but it does have some of the cheapest Christmas trees on the market! Currently, a 4ft Christmas tree can be bought in Argos for £12, so if you and your flatmates all chip in a few quid each you can easily get that Christmas spirit rolling. Whilst there unfortunately isn't a dedicated Argos store in Kingston anymore, you can order online and Click & Collect from most Sainsbury's - there's even a small Argos section in Kingston’s Sury Basin store!

Primark
If you're looking for affordable Christmas decorations to spruce up your flat or student house, Primark is the place to go! During November and December, the ground floor of Kingston’s massive Primark is turned into a haven for Christmas shoppers, with scented candles and Christmas jumpers everywhere you turn. Personally I always pop in this time of the year to have a look at their themed Marvel and Disney baubles which I find to be a LOT less expensive than if you were buying them online or through other high street retailers. They're also great for tinsel, lights and wreaths - so make sure to add it to your list.

Flying Tiger
From cute Christmas mugs to baubles, napkins and arts and crafts kits, Flying Tiger on Clarence Street is fantastic for inexpensive but adorable knick-knacks. I’ll admit - I love going into this store whether it's Christmas or not, as you genuinely never know what you'll find with their rotating stock line-ups. However, I have heard their Christmas cookies are wonderful- maybe work checking out if you're in Kingston town centre?

Typo
Whether it's your best friend or your flatmate, sometimes you want a gift with a bit more of a comedic edge. If that's the case, make sure to head to Typo on the ground floor of the Bentalls Centre, where their Christmas shop is crammed full of pop culture and film references. With SpongeBob socks, Grinch Christmas jumpers and Elf wrapping paper, you'll be able to pick up a relatively cheap gift that your friends will love. :smile:

Really, any shop can be affordable if you choose the right products and have a predetermined budget, but I know from experience that budgeting your student loan throughout the Christmas period can be chaotic at the best of times, nevermind factoring in any gifts or flights home! Where are your top places to go Christmas shopping in Kingston?

- Eve (Kingston Rep).
ReplyForward

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending