The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

[Official thread] Durham University 2024 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi anyone got the email re logging in but not got the separate email with the PIN?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Jkbjack
Hi anyone got the email re logging in but not got the separate email with the PIN?

Yes!! i’m giving it a few days - they probably have a lot of emails to send right now so hopefully we should get it soon
Reply 22
Original post by Jkbjack

Same here. Tried to see if I could reset the pin - but needed an answer to a security question. Oh well, knew applying to Durham would involve long waits.
Original post by Sheppi
Same here. Tried to see if I could reset the pin - but needed an answer to a security question. Oh well, knew applying to Durham would involve long waits.

Hi. Can I ask what email and pin you’re talking about please? Just wondering if I’ve missed something
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous4728!
Hi. Can I ask what email and pin you’re talking about please? Just wondering if I’ve missed something

It was an application confirmation email - received it a week after I submitted the form. It includes a student ID number for their applicant portal but they haven’t sent the separate email containing the PIN number you need to log in.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Jkbjack

Yeah, I didn't get the PIN either
Original post by Durham University
This is the thread for Durham University 2024 applicants to ask questions, share experiences and find out everything you need to know about Durham, the University and making your application.

Check out The Durham Student for an insight into what it's really like to be a Durham student through blogs and a wide variety of social media content, produced by current Durham students. You can also follow @thedurhamstudent on Instagram, YouTube and Tik Tok for the latest insights!

Does anyone know when the application tracker spreadsheet for 2024 applications will be created? Xx
Original post by Student20045
Does anyone know when the application tracker spreadsheet for 2024 applications will be created? Xx

Oh yeah that would be so helpful

Looking potentially like a couple of weeks :smile:
@04MR17 :fyi:
Reply 29
Pin now arrived
I'm applying to physics and astronomy integrated masters
Reply 31
its been made already! its on the first page of this thread! x

Original post by cocom
its been made already! its on the first page of this thread! x

That's because I put it there last night :smile:
Reply 33
I'm an international (EU) student applying for law LLB. I'm only taking LNAT next week so super nervous about that.

Good luck to everyone though <33
Original post by aloexo
I'm an international (EU) student applying for law LLB. I'm only taking LNAT next week so super nervous about that.

Good luck to everyone though <33

Hiya

I'm a law finalist at Durham and took the LNAT as well so I know how daunting it can seem! If you'd like to read some advice, I've given some on the threads linked below. But overall I'd say keep practicing and give yourself enough time to read the passages in MCQs. If you can't figure out an answer, it's best to move on to the next question and come back to it later. Try to leave some time at the end to go over your answers, and especially to spot any grammatical/spelling errors in the essay.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7245334#post97493832
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7211721#post97138946

I'm sure you'll rock the exam, good luck! :borat:

-Himieka
Reply 35
hi i saw that there’s the upload documents thing on the UG applicant portal under the to do tasks. i’m applying for compsci and i haven’t received an email saying that i should upload anything.
also, did we have to choose our college when we submitted the application? i don’t think i put anything and it just says O on my application
Original post by emkelt
hi i saw that there’s the upload documents thing on the UG applicant portal under the to do tasks. i’m applying for compsci and i haven’t received an email saying that i should upload anything.
also, did we have to choose our college when we submitted the application? i don’t think i put anything and it just says O on my application

If you haven't been asked to upload anything you should be fine :smile:
And everyone's application will say O, you pick your college preferences if and when you get an offer rather than upon application.
Original post by Lemur14
If you haven't been asked to upload anything you should be fine :smile:
And everyone's application will say O, you pick your college preferences if and when you get an offer rather than upon application.

My application says Z... What does that mean?
Original post by 121254Gnrdocarmo

My application says Z... What does that mean?

O means open and Z means unallocated (it'll stay that way on UCAS - colleges are now done outside of UCAS). So either is fine and doesn't affect colleges at a later stage :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
O means open and Z means unallocated (it'll stay that way on UCAS - colleges are now done outside of UCAS). So either is fine and doesn't affect colleges at a later stage :smile:

Thanks... but what's the difference really? Is it the same thing?

Quick Reply

Latest