The Student Room Group

Personal statement + different courses

I’m applying for history this year. However, a couple of the unis i’m applying to are for a more specific time period (medieval and early modern) , while the rest are just history in general.
In my personal statement i’ve included my interests in history over a range of periods, but i’ve found it really hard to include aspects of early modern/ medieval history on my PS because in college we only cover modern history on the a level spec. i have included a paragraph on why i find medieval/ early modern intresting though and included some supercurriclars i’ve done on the period.
i’m just stressing because most of my PS focuses on other historical periods
does anyone know if this is okay??
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by ikeafannypakck
I’m applying for history this year. However, a couple of the unis i’m applying to are for a more specific time period (medieval and early modern) , while the rest are just history in general.
In my personal statement i’ve included my interests in history over a range of periods, but i’ve found it really hard to include aspects of early modern/ medieval history on my PS because in college we only cover modern history on the a level spec. i have included a paragraph on why i find medieval/ early modern intresting though and included some supercurriclars i’ve done on the period.
i’m just stressing because most of my PS focuses on other historical periods
does anyone know if this is okay??

Universities are aware that you'll be applying to different courses and that they won't perfectly line up. It's ok if your personal statement isn't entirely focused on that specific time period, but I would definitely make sure you include some of it in there. Your supercurriculars should ideally be outside of your A level studies anyway, so it doesn't matter if you don't cover it in college. Don't give them the impression that you applied to the course without being interested in that period or knowing what you'd signed up for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending