The Student Room Group

oxford chemistry

Hi, I am applying for chemistry at Oxford. I have received bronze certificates in the senior maths challenge and the chemistry olympiad is it worth mentioning in my personal statement. as bronze is not as worthy as silver or gold.
Original post by student0515
Hi, I am applying for chemistry at Oxford. I have received bronze certificates in the senior maths challenge and the chemistry olympiad is it worth mentioning in my personal statement. as bronze is not as worthy as silver or gold.

Getting Bronze is an achievement, mention it
(edited 7 months ago)

The olympiad is well worth mentioning - especially if you can say it has challenged you and introduced you to new concepts in chemistry (iirc Van Arkel diagrams and Wittig reactions came up this year, so why not have a read up on those).
Reply 3
Okay, do you think it is worth putting on my personal statement or putting it in my teacher's reference?
Okay, do you think it is worth putting on my personal statement or putting it in my teacher's reference?

Definitely in your personal statement. The reference is more for teachers to talk about your work ethic/how you are in class and give any useful contextual information.
i would mention your bronze certificates somewhere on your application to Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending