The Student Room Group

A-Level Subject Choices

I am currently deciding my A-Level options and I am struggling to decide which ones to take. I am working towards doing a degree in primary teaching and to become a primary school teacher. I have decided that I am definitely going to do Business Studies and an EPQ in primary education but I don't know about the other two. If anyone has any advice on what subjects are best to take for what I want to do please, that would be great!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by lowxwil
I am currently deciding my A-Level options and I am struggling to decide which ones to take. I am working towards doing a degree in primary teaching and to become a primary school teacher. I have decided that I am definitely going to do Business Studies and an EPQ in primary education but I don't know about the other two. If anyone has any advice on what subjects are best to take for what I want to do please, that would be great!

What subjects would you like to teach as a primary school teacher? I think the best you can do is to take the subjects as A levels you intend to teach.
Reply 3
Original post by Kallisto

What subjects would you like to teach as a primary school teacher? I think the best you can do is to take the subjects as A levels you intend to teach.

I think I’d just do every subject so maybe English, maths or science may be a good option to take?
Reply 4
Take English - important for skills - and something like Sociology or Psychology.
These would also give you good options later if you decided not to pursue teaching.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Take English - important for skills - and something like Sociology or Psychology.
These would also give you good options later if you decided not to pursue teaching.

I’ve been a bit on the fence with English so will definitely take it now and psychology sounds good, thank you for your advice!
Original post by lowxwil
I think I’d just do every subject so maybe English, maths or science may be a good option to take?

Take English as one A levels then. If you can take sociology or similar subjects as A levels, do it.

Quick Reply

Latest