The Student Room Group

A-level Psychology Study Group 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emm4nuella
Hello, this is the official thread for those in Year 13 who are currently studying A Level Psychology this year. First of all, welcome guys - we are in this together <3! Second, here are a few icebreaker questions:

1) name and where you are from
2) what other subjects you are taking at A Level
3) the grades you are hoping to get at the end of Year 13 :smile:
4) the latest netflix show/movie you've watched
5) your go-to positive/motivational quote or affirmation

*I AM STARTING A PSYCH STUDY GROUP OUTSIDE OF TSR. IF YOU WANT TO JOIN, MESSAGE ME PLEASE :biggrin: <3*

Hi
I take psych aqa + geo and bio
Hoping for an a in psych🤞🏾
In terms of Netflix don’t have it 😭I’m more of a grandma itv x girlie
Positive affirmation - Self love is key n never doubt your abilities
Original post by lillia.phoebe
Hi
I take psych aqa + geo and bio
Hoping for an a in psych🤞🏾
In terms of Netflix don’t have it 😭I’m more of a grandma itv x girlie
Positive affirmation - Self love is key n never doubt your abilities

welcome :biggrin:! i also do aqa psychology - whats your favourite topic?
I'm doing Btec applied psychology, health and social care (ctec) and sociology (A-level). I have no idea what I would be able to study at university, I want to study a nursing degree but don't think my qualifications will allow me to, and I really want to do nursing, it's my passion and my dream😔
Original post by Tahminarahman
I'm doing Btec applied psychology, health and social care (ctec) and sociology (A-level). I have no idea what I would be able to study at university, I want to study a nursing degree but don't think my qualifications will allow me to, and I really want to do nursing, it's my passion and my dream😔

there are places that will accept you based on ucas tarriff from predicted grades, so you don’t need alevels!! for example, bournemouth requires 104-120 ucas points and you just need the equivalent of 2+ alevels (so applied psych should count as an equivalent)
Reply 44
Original post by user01906002
Just looking for any revision and study tips for a-level psychology as I’ve just started y12 and having a bit of a hard time starting off. I do AQA. Thank you : )

I tend to plan out 16 markers for each topic - as it covers strengths weaknesses - AO3 and then points or describe whch is Ao1

I tend to learn the AO1 points through flashcards and AO3 i tend to mind map ideas and use active recall there
Original post by Imogen285
I tend to plan out 16 markers for each topic - as it covers strengths weaknesses - AO3 and then points or describe whch is Ao1

I tend to learn the AO1 points through flashcards and AO3 i tend to mind map ideas and use active recall there

yesssss i second this thats me im in year 13 and i literally do essay plans! they are so so helpful
Hello, this is the official thread for those in Year 13 who are currently studying A Level Psychology this year. First of all, welcome guys - we are in this together <3! Second, here are a few icebreaker questions:

*I AM STARTING A PSYCH STUDY GROUP OUTSIDE OF TSR. IF YOU WANT TO JOIN, MESSAGE ME PLEASE :biggrin: <3*

my names freya from near london,
im taking geography and maths aswell,
hoping to get AAA but idm as long as get A in maths
-watching supernatural atm (bobby just died ☹️ )
-'you are a dancing queen'
Original post by Esisaxis
Hi, I’m doing AQA Psychology and I’m in year 13. My other subjects are Geography (AQA) and Biology (Edexcel A).

My favourite topic in Psychology is probably Biopsychology (since my favourite subject is Biology) and Research Methods so far. I have a love-hate relationship with Attachment. find the content interesting, but struggle with the amount of content in it as I find it repetitive so it can all blend into one.

I struggle most with remembering researcher’s names and the AO3 evaluation points. I find AO1 fine, it’s always the AO3 I forget.

ive decided i hate forensics, constantly lost fr not ok
Original post by Imogen285

i want to make 16 marker plans, how did u create these, im honestly totally lost on these ,and the mark schemes confuse me alot cant lie
Original post by FreyaFishman
i want to make 16 marker plans, how did u create these, im honestly totally lost on these ,and the mark schemes confuse me alot cant lie

an example of what i have done for the relationships topic:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hgTg_vELXX1wXO8aGehu21M6eFRt-v02t0_iHXOYYMY/edit?usp=sharing :biggrin:! @FreyaFishman
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 50
Original post by FreyaFishman

hey, i typically do it in a mind map type way- with the question in the middle- with the 16 markers the split of marks are 10 AO3 and 6 AO1

I would have my ao1 section with findings from studies or key termonolgy try and have 6 points

for ao3 i wite 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses in the PEEL format - you could do this as flashcards but i preger mindmapping
Original post by Pwca
:hello: Welcome to the A-level Psychology Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

hii, i'm taking the OCR board for A-Level and i love pretty much all of it, especially the core studies in paper 2. i struggle with remembering all the terms needed for research methods and inferential stats (i've no clue how i'm going to learn them in time for my mock)
i also do english lit. and RS and i'm hoping for 3 As (which is what I need for my top uni choice)
Reply 52

hii i'm rona :smile:

i'm doing ocr, and my fave area is social. from the core studies, my favourite is probably milgram. my least favourite area is cognitive, and least favourite study is moray.

i'm also taking criminology, german, and an epq.
i'm aiming for aab and a in the epq

the most recent thing i watched on netflix was happiness
Original post by r0na
hii i'm rona :smile:

i'm doing ocr, and my fave area is social. from the core studies, my favourite is probably milgram. my least favourite area is cognitive, and least favourite study is moray.

i'm also taking criminology, german, and an epq.
i'm aiming for aab and a in the epq

the most recent thing i watched on netflix was happiness

hiya @r0na welcomeeee :smile:!
Hi! I take maths, further maths and psychology. Glad to join the chat 😃
Hii
Im Rachael
Im in Y12 and take psych (edexcel), biology and math
I'm hoping for 3A*s 😀
welcome :biggrin:! i also do aqa psychology - whats your favourite topic?
Hey sorry for the late reply !!, mine is attachment :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
When are your guys’ Year 12 mocks? And how is everyone finding Psychology so far?
Reply 58
Hi! I’m a Year 13 Psych student :smile: I was just wondering if there were any teachers here willing to mark/look over essay plans? Would be really helpful!
Original post by tyrah
hey everyone!
i take psychology (edexcel), english literature and government and politics.
i enjoy social and learning topics.
i hope to attain 3A*s at the end of year 13!
That awesome! I have a question, how do you revise for psychology edexcel?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending