The Student Room Group

A-level Psychology Study Group 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emm4nuella
Hello, this is the official thread for those in Year 13 who are currently studying A Level Psychology this year. First of all, welcome guys - we are in this together <3! Second, here are a few icebreaker questions:
1) name and where you are from
2) what other subjects you are taking at A Level
3) the grades you are hoping to get at the end of Year 13 :smile:
4) the latest netflix show/movie you've watched
5) your go-to positive/motivational quote or affirmation
*I AM STARTING A PSYCH STUDY GROUP OUTSIDE OF TSR. IF YOU WANT TO JOIN, MESSAGE ME PLEASE :biggrin: <3*
I think I might have already introduced myself, but I'm not sure...

Hi, I'm Blue (they/them)

As well as psychology, I study English Lit and Religious Studies (PRE) at A-Level (all OCR board)

I'm in year 13 now and am hoping for three A's (and an A in my EPQ)

I recently rewatched Gone Girl and am currently watching Daniel Sloss's netflix show :smile:

I honestly can't think of a motivational quote at the moment

If anyone has an recs for places with notes or anything so I can essentially teach myself the half of the course from my questionable teacher, that would be really appreciated :smile:
what’s the most effective way to learn the case studies? do i need to know all of them? i do aqa. thank you
Reply 62
How are we feeling? Does anyone’s teachers/other resources have any predictions for the 2024 papers? :smile:
Hello, this is the official thread for those in Year 13 who are currently studying A Level Psychology this year. First of all, welcome guys - we are in this together <3! Second, here are a few icebreaker questions:
1) name and where you are from
2) what other subjects you are taking at A Level
3) the grades you are hoping to get at the end of Year 13 :smile:
4) the latest netflix show/movie you've watched
5) your go-to positive/motivational quote or affirmation

1) I'm Pippa, and I'm from Hampshire
2) Biology and Computer Science
3) BBC
4) The Gentlemen
5) You are capable of more than you give yourself credit for (my fav teacher told me this in y12 <3 )
Original post by user01906002
what’s the most effective way to learn the case studies? do i need to know all of them? i do aqa. thank you

i made a document with all of them summarised and tried explaining it to them to my parents or anyone who'd listen tbh and slowly but surely it started ingraining them in my memory so you might want to try that! hope it helps <3
Hi! I study AQA Psych, alongside Bio and Chem (OCR for those 2)
I really enjoy biopsych and probably stress, and I struggle with social influence....
Original post by psychstudent2625
halloo
i take psych (edexcel) , socio and english lit
im hoping for 3 A*s
i watched 'never let me go' yesterday

Hey! You got awesome predicted grades. How do you effectively revise for edexcel Psychology?
Hey fellow Psychology Students!

Recently, I've been looking at ways to expand on the success of the weekly Study Together sessions we’re running every Tuesday evenings (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7443741) and one idea we’ve had is to run similar sessions for students studying Psychology :biggrin:.

The idea would be to have weekly sessions lasting an hour where you can come online and revise Psychology with other students. It feels like it could be a great way to build confidence with the content, as well as being a fun and sociable way to get some studying done.

Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in! If so, when would be the best time for you? Comment below <3
Original post by emrma
How are we feeling? Does anyone’s teachers/other resources have any predictions for the 2024 papers? :smile:

psychologywithrhi has loads of predicted papers, questions, etc
Recently, I've been looking at ways to expand on the success of the weekly Study Together sessions we’re running every Tuesday evenings (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7443741) and one idea we’ve had is to run similar sessions for students studying Psychology :biggrin:.
The idea would be to have weekly sessions lasting an hour where you can come online and revise Psychology with other students. It feels like it could be a great way to build confidence with the content, as well as being a fun and sociable way to get some studying done.
Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in! If so, when would be the best time for you? Comment below <3

I would love to do this!!
Original post by pippa._b
I would love to do this!!

what day and time would be best?

I would be interested. I don’t mind any day well not Friday Saturday and Sunday but i am free after 7pm

yep! preferably monday/wednesday at 18:00 UK time
Original post by RevisionisKey1
Hey! You got awesome predicted grades. How do you effectively revise for edexcel Psychology?

heyy
i mostly teach people around me and offer tuition to kids in the grade under me to sort of get it to go in my memory haha
otherwise main resources is the psychology eye book by illuminate publishing
i make mindmaps for every topic (not really a mindmap, its like all my notes but on an a4 piece of paper in an easy and colourful manner but its just not in my copybook cus ik aint going through tha thing)
anddd learning the command words are crazy important! i thought i sucked at evaluate and assess questions, bahaha realised that im horrible at explain, describe and compare asw cus i did not know at all how to answer those properly last year in AS (i still ironically got the highest mark in the UAE for psych) so yeah im way more prepared for A2 tho hopefully

also last tip : go through ur mocks and quizzess and figure out what you did wrong. one way to do that is watch all of Tim Lawrene's videos on youtube for the three papers plus how to answer 2 markers and all of that cus hes like a senior examiner or something, so he shows exactly what is needed for students to get into the top band. good luck!
Reply 74
That awesome! I have a question, how do you revise for psychology edexcel?!

sorry for the late reply x
what day and time would be best?

I honestly don't mind!! Maybe the weekend... forces me to be productive then hahah
Reply 76
That awesome! I have a question, how do you revise for psychology edexcel?!

i made my revision notes on notion. revisely has been a great help since they have included youtube videos specific to the edexcel specification as well as summarised notes. then i do the usual: blurting, practice questions etc.

would evenings on the weekend work for you guys?
would evenings on the weekend work for you guys?

yeah that could work. Saturdays are probs the best day after 7ish. cant do Sundays. however I think I would prefer weekdays
Original post by tyrah
i made my revision notes on notion. revisely has been a great help since they have included youtube videos specific to the edexcel specification as well as summarised notes. then i do the usual: blurting, practice questions etc.

That’s great, I’m not sure how to use notion but I’m starting to make flashcards and have incorporated blurting. How do you tackle like 16 markers or 20 markers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending