The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Open to meeting new people at Warwick University

Hello,
I’m a second year at Warwick University and am currently studying history. If you need any advice/ are looking to meet new people message here!
Btw I am 20 and female ☺️
Reply 1
Original post by Molly.222
Hello,
I’m a second year at Warwick University and am currently studying history. If you need any advice/ are looking to meet new people message here!
Btw I am 20 and female ☺️

Hi!
I'm going to be joining Warwick this year to study Computer Science. I'm a bit nervous!! Do you have any tips having gone through it before . (also as a female student do you feel safe at Warwick? I watched a documentary about the 2018 group chat case and it kinda shook me up a bit)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Snigdha02
Hi!
I'm going to be joining Warwick this year to study Computer Science. I'm a bit nervous!! Do you have any tips having gone through it before . (also as a female student do you feel safe at Warwick? I watched a documentary about the 2018 group chat case and it kinda shook me up a bit)

Hey!
My biggest advice would be put yourself out there and be open to meeting everyone. The first few weeks are perfect to start gaining those connections! Societies are great to join and I highly recommend, you’ll likely feel much more comfortable and people are really open to getting to know you. However don’t force yourself into uncomfy situations.

Regarding safety I feel extremely safe, personally I have never felt that I was under threat. I totally understand your concern as I too was really worried before I arrived but I think it has gotten better for women over the years. I’ve only had one uncomfortable encounter during freshers but it was nothing serious and with my friends I was able to remove myself from the situation.

Hope it all goes well! Trust me it seems scarier than it actually is, because everyone is in the same boat you will likely be feeling the exact same way as all other freshers :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Molly.222
Hey!
My biggest advice would be put yourself out there and be open to meeting everyone. The first few weeks are perfect to start gaining those connections! Societies are great to join and I highly recommend, you’ll likely feel much more comfortable and people are really open to getting to know you. However don’t force yourself into uncomfy situations.

Regarding safety I feel extremely safe, personally I have never felt that I was under threat. I totally understand your concern as I too was really worried before I arrived but I think it has gotten better for women over the years. I’ve only had one uncomfortable encounter during freshers but it was nothing serious and with my friends I was able to remove myself from the situation.

Hope it all goes well! Trust me it seems scarier than it actually is, because everyone is in the same boat you will likely be feeling the exact same way as all other freshers :smile:

Thank you so much for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest