The Student Room Group

Computer science alevel

Is it worth changing psychology alevel to CS alevel? Which one is better and easier?
Original post by Replyplz
Is it worth changing psychology alevel to CS alevel? Which one is better and easier?

it depends on what u want to do in terms of career...i have friends doing both--psychology is content heavy but CS is typically found harder..
(edited 7 months ago)

Which one are you most interested in studying? (have a look at the syllabus online)

If you enjoy it, you will likely be more inclined to study harder
Reply 3
Original post by ChrisN
Which one are you most interested in studying? (have a look at the syllabus online)

If you enjoy it, you will likely be more inclined to study harder

Tbh I'm not sure which one I would be more interested in studying. But with CS, I feel like I can have more or a choice in career options that I'm more willing to go for. Cuz I already know that I dont want to do anything science related. The the thing is that I'm scared that CS will be way too difficult especially since j haven't done it for Gcses( I haven't done psychology for gcses too tho). But yh I feel like psychology will just be easier in general than CS since theres no course work

Tbh I'm not sure which one I would be more interested in studying. But with CS, I feel like I can have more or a choice in career options that I'm more willing to go for. Cuz I already know that I dont want to do anything science related. The the thing is that I'm scared that CS will be way too difficult especially since j haven't done it for Gcses( I haven't done psychology for gcses too tho). But yh I feel like psychology will just be easier in general than CS since theres no course work

You certainly won't regret picking up CS skills. Will be useful in most jobs and broader life. If that's what is drawing you in, then go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest