The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Is it possible to get into oxbridge postgrad with an unrelated undergrad?

I’m currently doing international business degree. I’m also planning on studying international relations or politics or history (I’m still weighing the options) for postgrad. I’m currently taking on multiple RA positions in politics. Is it possible for me to get into oxbridge for postgrad? Or should I apply for a second undergrad degree?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m currently doing international business degree. I’m also planning on studying international relations or politics or history (I’m still weighing the options) for postgrad. I’m currently taking on multiple RA positions in politics. Is it possible for me to get into oxbridge for postgrad? Or should I apply for a second undergrad degree?

It's possible, but the international business degree will have to be from an institution with a strong academic reputation,
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
i don't know about the chance of receiving an offer from Oxford, but i would apply and see how they respond
Reply 3
tl;dr yes, but I imagine you'll have to demonstrate academic ability and interest in your chosen area of politics, as well as why you didn't choose that for undergrad.
Reply 4
Yes. It is common actually. I have two music degree now in engineering.
Original post by elilast
tl;dr yes, but I imagine you'll have to demonstrate academic ability and interest in your chosen area of politics, as well as why you didn't choose that for undergrad.

How was the original post too long for you to not read…
Reply 6
Original post by Wired_1800
How was the original post too long for you to not read…

I admit this was a casual use of tl;dr, in which I used it as a shorthand for "summary of my thoughts", without actually writing the whole paragraph that normally precedes it. These things happen.
Original post by elilast
I admit this was a casual use of tl;dr, in which I used it as a shorthand for "summary of my thoughts", without actually writing the whole paragraph that normally precedes it. These things happen.

Alright. Thanks for the clarification. I was worried that human attention span had gone down the drain that one could not read 6 lines of text.
Reply 8
Original post by Wired_1800
Alright. Thanks for the clarification. I was worried that human attention span had gone down the drain that one could not read 6 lines of text.

I think I'd be in trouble for my degree if I couldn't read that much...!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending