The Student Room Group

I genuinely hate Sixth Form and it has ruined my life

(edited 7 months ago)
to revise for an A or A*, do you revise for a short period of time, then take a break, then revise again? it might be more effective than revising hours straight

i watched a YouTube video from a Cambridge University graduate... she said to revise deeply rather than write down everything a techer says or what's in a textbook... i'm not sure if this applies to you though

is there a place where people donate smart wear?

there is nothing wrong with you :smile: i'm curious if another person in your school can place themselves in your shoes and see how they can help.
Regarding the smart wear, I think you should speak to your form tutor or head of year about this is: if you truly cannot afford anything, not even from a charity shop or the like, they may let you come in with the clothes you already own and the school may even have a stash of spare clothes, you never know.

Also, why are you late to school to every day? If it's due to you getting up late then that's something you just need to sort out, set an alarm for earlier, go to sleep earlier too so that you're properly rested.

And as you say, you recognise the low grades are due to your poor work ethic and non-existent revision. This is something you need to fix too, how do you know you can't revise if you've never done it? Bear in mind you don't need to revise many hours each day, if you do a little bit consistently then that's a start because there's no way you're going to get your grades up without revision. And if you go to uni you're going to need to revise, so better to start that habit now rather than later when the material will be even more difficult.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest