The Student Room Group

Sixth form

Hi, I really hate the sixth form I'm at, and want to move back to my old secondary which had a sixth form with it . I know I would be so much happier and more motivated there, and it's not even about friends as there's a few people there I don't get on with, despite most of my friends going there. I had a lot of back and forth in the first month or two, and so I've really made my old secondary angry and they've said that because their deadline has passed (6 october) they won't let me back, but when I was still back and forthing they would have let me back after the 6 Oct deadline .

I know I would have so much work to catch up on as at my current sixth form I am taking history, english lit, and German, but at my secondary I would be taking English lit, history and maths, and for history they do different courses, and for english lit we have been covering one of the same texts, just not the other one . I am a capable student and could catch up for either history and English lit, but with maths I definitely would have to get some sort of private tutor at this stage.

They have said I can't come back as the deadline has passed, but I genuinely can't stay at the sixth form I'm at. It was the worst decision of my life moving and I really can't stay there . Everyone says it will get better but there are certain things about it that won't change for me. I have lost any motivation for school because of this sixth form and I simply won't get the grades I'm capable of if I stay here .

Is it worth it to send one last email to the sixth form I want to go to begging them to let me back? If I do they will hate me more as I will waste more of their time on this email if I can't go back and my parents will hate me more as well
Reply 1
If you’re absolutely certain that you can catch up - especially with the maths- and you know that the sixth form you are currently at isn’t working for you then I’d definitely send another email just to see what they say, they might let you back. I don’t know if this is a possibility for you but you could always look for a different sixth form completely if there is another one in your area. But definitely send the email there’s no harm in asking again just to make sure.
Reply 2
Original post by student-harper
Hi, I really hate the sixth form I'm at, and want to move back to my old secondary which had a sixth form with it . I know I would be so much happier and more motivated there, and it's not even about friends as there's a few people there I don't get on with, despite most of my friends going there. I had a lot of back and forth in the first month or two, and so I've really made my old secondary angry and they've said that because their deadline has passed (6 october) they won't let me back, but when I was still back and forthing they would have let me back after the 6 Oct deadline .

I know I would have so much work to catch up on as at my current sixth form I am taking history, english lit, and German, but at my secondary I would be taking English lit, history and maths, and for history they do different courses, and for english lit we have been covering one of the same texts, just not the other one . I am a capable student and could catch up for either history and English lit, but with maths I definitely would have to get some sort of private tutor at this stage.

They have said I can't come back as the deadline has passed, but I genuinely can't stay at the sixth form I'm at. It was the worst decision of my life moving and I really can't stay there . Everyone says it will get better but there are certain things about it that won't change for me. I have lost any motivation for school because of this sixth form and I simply won't get the grades I'm capable of if I stay here .

Is it worth it to send one last email to the sixth form I want to go to begging them to let me back? If I do they will hate me more as I will waste more of their time on this email if I can't go back and my parents will hate me more as well

I suggest you should as this is a very important part of your life and if you can't study well then it's an even more reason for you to move schools. So what if you pester them? I wish you the best and hope you get accepted 😊
Original post by mkr_08
If you’re absolutely certain that you can catch up - especially with the maths- and you know that the sixth form you are currently at isn’t working for you then I’d definitely send another email just to see what they say, they might let you back. I don’t know if this is a possibility for you but you could always look for a different sixth form completely if there is another one in your area. But definitely send the email there’s no harm in asking again just to make sure.

The only thing is, I think I'm capable of catching up but I don't actually know for sure- and once I'm attending the sixth form I can't move back out of it as the sixth form I'm at now won't accept me back after I leave. I know that for a levels it's not just about doing the work you're set, it's also doing independent study in your own time and if I am too busy catching up, I won't have any time for this independent study and I'm worried ill end up being a weaker exam candidate anyway.
I'm also worried because the last time that I emailed the school, they said no, and emailed my parents as well to say I can't come back . So, my parents have said if I email them again, I will get my phone taken off of me which I need for my job, homework and keeping in touch with people as I'm already so isolated that it is already hard to keep in touch as is .
I just need someone's advice on this situation 😅
Original post by Maliha✨️

I suggest you should as this is a very important part of your life and if you can't study well then it's an even more reason for you to move schools. So what if you pester them? I wish you the best and hope you get accepted 😊

Thank you so much! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest