The Student Room Group

Emotions are hard to deal with

Since started GCSE's in year 9 I have been so unhappy and it's made me dislike doing all my hobbies. I've become unmotivated to do anything which doesn't help the massive workload I have for all the core subjects plus my chosen (Art, History and Textiles). Originally I didn't even want to do Textiles but both my third option and backup were denied and I didn't like the other options available to me. I feel like without Textiles I would have coped a little better but it's too late now as I'm in year 11. I have had multiple meltdowns over stress and anxiety and I can't even eat or sleep properly anymore.

I genuinely feel so drained. The next 2 weeks are filled with homework, coursework and mock exams and I don't know how to cope with it anymore. Scheduling when I do homework never works either because I always end up doing my work later than intended. I also am a perfectionist meaning I take forever to do tasks.

It's made me dislike my art and rush everything I do, even though I want to pursue an art-related career. I'm also considering going to college instead of originally going to sixth form to do Art, Maths and Psychology (I don't want to do Psychology, it's just the only other option my school offers that I find appealing). The college I want to go to allows me to do Art, Maths and Film Studies which is what I wanted to do the whole time. But my mum might not let me go as it is an hour away by train/20-30 mins away by car and she's worried about how I'll cope with time just like I can't cope right now. But again I don't even want to do school anymore. I just want to lay in bed and do nothing all the time because that's the only time I don't have to worry about anything (excluding when I overthink about school work and my abilities).

Sorry for the massive rant omg
Reply 1
I have Art coursework from 2 years ago that is unfinished too, which I hate but it's hard because I have constant work being piled on every week from Textiles and Art that I don't even have time to finish those
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
omg and I decided to do extra maths on Thursday lunchtimes and I'm finding it a bit difficult even though I usually am good with maths
Reply 3
Also learning Art in school ruined it for me, I would rather draw whatever I want without having to nitpick at everything, look at other people's work, follow a specific theme, draw from a photo reference only, do mostly traditional art

Quick Reply

Latest