The Student Room Group

not sure whether to do a non-accredited degree (UK)

Hi guys I will start a chem eng Meng with a year in placement at a uk uni. however, the degree is undergoing accreditation from icheme. since im doing a placement year im wondering whether it matters if the degree is accredited when graduating and trying to find a job. have i made a mistake??
Reply 1
Shouldn't matter about the job but it will 100% matter if you want to get professional qualifications or chartered.
Original post by sadasq
Hi guys I will start a chem eng Meng with a year in placement at a uk uni. however, the degree is undergoing accreditation from icheme. since im doing a placement year im wondering whether it matters if the degree is accredited when graduating and trying to find a job. have i made a mistake??

If it is currently undergoing accreditation then it is very likely to become accredited, so this isn't a concern.
Reply 3
Original post by Smack
If it is currently undergoing accreditation then it is very likely to become accredited, so this isn't a concern.

alright thank you!
Original post by Laffer
Shouldn't matter about the job but it will 100% matter if you want to get professional qualifications or chartered.

oh ok ty!

Quick Reply

Latest