The Student Room Group

Once again, need urgent advice

Right, so I've had a meeting with my school today. I think it is unlikely that they will take me on to resit my A Levels. Now, I have found an exam centre that is far from my house but they will take me and also give me mocks for me to get my predicted grades and I will ofcourse sit my final exams there. Its in a shady place but oh well. It is an accredited exam centre but I wonder what the weightage of getting predicted grades are from such a place. Wouldn't universities be able to see that I am a private candidate and that I have paid the exam fees, and so maybe the predicted grades are dodgy(its not like they are giving it to me, I have to sit assessments but unis won't know that?). Basically I want to know, will unis care where my predicted grades have come from, and would predicteds from a school be far far better and am I at a disadvantage getting even A*AA predicted from some fishy exam centre? If schools are better, I will go and yell at my own to take me somehow, but if theres no difference I can opt for this other place
Also I want to apply to Imperial, UCL and KCL, so I'm trying to see if from their lens when they are assessing my application, are predicteds from a school worth more than some exam centre?

Quick Reply

Latest