The Student Room Group

i want to switch my options helppp !!!! pyschology --> photography

so i dont know if its a good idea to switch psychology to photography and do that as my as level to drop it after. i do maths physics and geo.

also wondering if photography is really time consuming because the whole point is to help me focus more on the other subjects

thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by nareony
so i dont know if its a good idea to switch psychology to photography and do that as my as level to drop it after. i do maths physics and geo.

also wondering if photography is really time consuming because the whole point is to help me focus more on the other subjects

thanks

it can be time consuming but what can also impact that is the work you do. my personal project was time consuming because majority of my images required a lot of editing and fine refinements for me to achieve what I wanted. some people can half ass it and pass but i wouldn't recommend tbh. you'll spend the year focusing on maintaining your coursework and keeping that utd and presentable, artist research, annotations for the photos, planning projects and what you're going to do for your photos, actually taking the photos. we had to take at minimum 60 shots per lesson (plus 3-4 hours hw) if we were choosing to work in the studios but many of us exceeded that which then means we have to dedicate time outside of the lesson to sorting through those, picking the best ones and then editing them. naturally you also have to consider how much you can achieve when not in a lesson, because you'll be expected to still take relevant photos and do everything above outside of class. it's easy to fall behind if time is a struggle tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest