The Student Room Group

English GCSE help

Hi, I hope you are all well.

English (AQA): eng lit: grade 6 and eng lang: grade 4. I really sttruglle with English so please help me as I am really worried. I want to achieve at least grade 6/7 in literature and grade 5/6 in language.

MOST IMPORTANT
I will be having English speaking exam in about 3 days as a part of English gcse. I am really worried as I am really shy, quiet and nervous because I have not spoken in front of people before, specially in English. I have to give a speech in front of class on any topic and my teacher will ask me some questions. I am so tensed and worried how I am going to speak, I am worried that I don't say something wrong or I don't speak differently. please help me how to prepare for English specking exam.

THANKS
Reply 1
Hi, please don't worry too much about your speaking exam. I haven't done mine yet - im doing it june/july after exams, but i have done some practices and ik how u feel. i just like to remember that im not gonna be the only one doing it and everyone will probably forget about it anyway. Personally i only remember the really good speeches. If u say something wrong, its fine, it'll happen to most people anyway, but if ur really worried maybe just try laugh it off or something.
Hope this helps!
Original post by User_09
Hi, please don't worry too much about your speaking exam. I haven't done mine yet - im doing it june/july after exams, but i have done some practices and ik how u feel. i just like to remember that im not gonna be the only one doing it and everyone will probably forget about it anyway. Personally i only remember the really good speeches. If u say something wrong, its fine, it'll happen to most people anyway, but if ur really worried maybe just try laugh it off or something.
Hope this helps!
thanks for supporting me.
Original post by Harman Kaur
Hi, I hope you are all well.

English (AQA): eng lit: grade 6 and eng lang: grade 4. I really sttruglle with English so please help me as I am really worried. I want to achieve at least grade 6/7 in literature and grade 5/6 in language.

MOST IMPORTANT
I will be having English speaking exam in about 3 days as a part of English gcse. I am really worried as I am really shy, quiet and nervous because I have not spoken in front of people before, specially in English. I have to give a speech in front of class on any topic and my teacher will ask me some questions. I am so tensed and worried how I am going to speak, I am worried that I don't say something wrong or I don't speak differently. please help me how to prepare for English specking exam.

THANKS
your speaking exam doesn't mean much. you can definitely improve I assume you are in yr 10 as speaking exams are done then. if you are in yr 11 you need to start focusing more on English written exams.

if you can personally message me on what you struggle with english I could help perhaps
Original post by jacksmith23
your speaking exam doesn't mean much. you can definitely improve I assume you are in yr 10 as speaking exams are done then. if you are in yr 11 you need to start focusing more on English written exams.

if you can personally message me on what you struggle with english I could help perhaps
I am in year 11. I struggle with language more, like analysing quotes, writing using high vocabulary, using methods/structure.

Quick Reply

Latest